Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Desensitization images site

This site begins with VERY tame images, such as the letter V followed by **** and when you can look at that without feeling panicky, you move on to level 2 and so on.... you work at your pace.

http://emetimages.bravehost.com/

This explains how the desensitization site works: http://emetophobia.bravehost.com/

Default Re: Desensitization images site

I got to level 41...I handle that one pretty well, but I don't know if I could handle 42 as well.

Funny, if I were to see the V word spelled out in big giant letters, I'd feel some anxiety from that alone. I don't even use the word myself when speaking. It just sounds too ominous. I'm crazy enough to even feel like if I say it or talk about it, it's going to jinx me and make it happen. Kinda like your mom telling you if you make a mean face it's going to stick like that. And in all other areas of life, I'm a very rational personal.

Mooki, right, so you need to challenge that belief, and by doing so you find out it's not true. At first you'll feel very anxious because it's not easy (if it was you wouldn't have a problem), but the more you expose yourself to the word, and allow yourself to feel the anxiety that comes from it, the less and less anxious you'll feel until it completely goes away and you wonder what the big deal was in the first place. YOU are stronger than THE WORD is! You can do it!

Hi guys - I am just shutting those sites down as I've developed a new one at www.emetophobiaresource.org
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello! I am a new member here, and I would like to know more info about treatments. I have an unusual fear of watching people v*. I have gotten therapy before for PTSD from a bad experience of watching someone v* violently--but that hasn't worked! I am really glad to find a website that may help my anxiety levels go down! Thanks for posting the link!! I'm going to give this a try and see if this will work out for me....

Does anyone know of any other sites like this? With more pictures? Thanks

The nastiest site is www.ratemyvomit.com
    You can find pictures of anything there. You can also do a Google image search for "vomit."
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Thank You Sage!