Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: How long?

Default How long?

How long does it generally take for your body to fully recover from a panic attack?

I kind of had one about an hour and a half ago, it wasn't a full blown attack, but I did get extremely anxious and made myself feel n*. I'm still feeling really weird, it feels like my stomach is trying to recover from something.

I was just wondering if it's normal that my body is still recovering from my mini panic attack. Or if maybe my body IS still nervous?

Default Re: How long?

your body is still nervous because you are still thinking about it......find something to do.......get distracted...so you can stop thinking about it.....you're fine
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: How long?

Yeah - keep yourself occupied and it will subside quicker.

When I would get panic attacks, I found that burning off the energy by running as fast as I could, would get rid of it quicker.

When I had the fast heartbeat and nervousness, I would run full speed until I was winded. The amount of power and energy it generated would overshadow the anxiety. It feels so good to run, and I found that very theraputic.

Just an idea, I know we're all different.

Sincerely,
    Davidb