Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Trumph (Dream)

Default Trumph (Dream)

So, I don't really know if this is a triumph or not, because it was just a dream, but to me it was something, and perhaps it will be to you as well.
    I don't know what happened in the main part of my dream, but I do remember that me and my friend saw something disgusting that someone had shown us, and for some reason I turned away and pretended to be feeling sick. Then my friend turned away and bent down, so I put my hand on her back whilst she v*** on the pavement. And when I woke up shortly afterwards, I felt so good that I had made my friend feel better, just by sticking around, that I was so angry it wasn't real.
    But then I think, I wish I could do that for somebody in real life. If it had been real, I would have wanted to run away, and I don't know that I could have done that. Does anybody think I could do that in real life? I would be panicking like HELL but maybe if she was my best friend, I could stick it out.
    Anyway, that's what my dream made me realize. And it made me feel a teeny bit better about others being sick around me.

Default Re: Trumph (Dream)

That's a triumph, because you remember it and think back on it and see that you did the right thing.
    Glad you shared it!

I know that for sure, any of my "best friends" (I have 3 people I consider best friends) needed help I would put aside all my problems and stay with them.

David

Default Re: Trumph (Dream)

I would consider that a triumph because I often have dreams like this and I would never been that brave even in a dream.