Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: salomenella

I was in the mood for cookies so I took out some Pillsbury cookies that already come in little circles. I had them in the freezer for about a week before baking since it said they can be frozen. I let them thaw for an hour or so but they were still a little firm--maybe still a little frozen. I like soft cookies so wanted them soft but still done so I dont get salomenella. I baked them for 10 minutes and they didnt look done. So I tried another three minutes. Took them out and ate half of one and they were still kinda gooey--dont know if it was from them being warm or what. I popped them back in for three more minutes--and then another three minutes after that--and then another three minutes. I have them out now and they are still warm and still kind of gooey--maybe cause they are warm? Im just worried that they were still kinda frozen when I startedbaking them--so maybe they should have baked longer. I hope I dont end up with salomenella. Should I worry? Ive had 2 or three and now feel weird. Ughhh. this was a bad idea
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

I was employed by Kentucky Fried Chicken for quite a few years and I know alot about that kind of poisoning, you wouldn't even know you had it until 72 hours later. And trust me you won't get it from the cookies. Even if they weren't cooked all the way. there isn't enough in them to have even the slightest affect on you. Trust me.

Even if I ate 5?
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Even if you ate 7. Now if you ate 8 or more and your stomach hurt....it would be because you ate 8 cookies. That would happen to anyone. But you need to know, the dough from the freezer is so filled with preservatives NOT raw egg that you could probably eat 2-3 straight from the freezer and NOT get anything. If you made the dough from scratch and ate 5 tablespoons of it you probably still wouldn't be sick. So mellow out and don't let this ruin the good cookies.

Carmagnet... the 72 hour thing isn't true. It COULD take up to 72 hours to know... however, it doesn't have to. My brother got salmonella poisioning from his university cafeteria and first started feeling ill about 30 minutes after eating it... he was violently ill for several hours later until he was taken to the emergency room. So it doesn't always take that long...

Mystical Star... it is very unlikely that you will get sick from the cookies. Just because the cookies are a bit gooey doesn't mean they will hurt you. I like them that way )

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

My husband eats the dough raw all the time and never has gotten sick. I don't think they make it with raw egg, instead it's some kind of powder. Don't worry... they sound really good!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

i have always worked in restaurants and kitchens so i know a fiar bit about the subject too. As said before, frozen foods are packed with so many preservatives so they are pretty safe. If your worried about food being cooked in the future, buy yourself a food thermometer and probe the center of the food to check its hot enough. This wont really work for cookies but if you are unsure about anything else, for example, meat, microwave meals etc, as long as they have reached 75degrees C in the center, they will be safe. If your worried about germs on the thermometer you can get antibacterial wipes too.

My husband and I have been eating raw cookie dough for a couple of weeks now. Not a lot, but a little. I made some Pillsbury cookies today and cooked them as long as they said to, and they still were gooey. I ate probably nine of them. I just feel a little weird b/c I ate too many cookies. lol You'll be fine. Don't worry.

I just have one thing to say - chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream! I eat that all the time, and eat alot of cookie dough while Im making cookies - nothing is better than licking the bowl!

you wont get sick!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

My girls make those "ready to bake" cookies from pillsbury! They eat some of them raw, and then cook some. They have never gotten sick from the dough. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte

Can i have a cookie?

Mystikal star, cookie dough is my fav! You will be FINE...I ate raw brownie mix the other day. Salmonella poisoning is not caused by eating raw eggs...its caused by eating undercooked chiken

I also would like a cookie [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I love those kind of cookies :-). And I was going to suggest that my stomach hurts if I get too nervous. You could just be working yourself up so much that you made your stomach hurt. So try to relax and I think you're going to be fine [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small in comparison to what lies within us.

Quote Originally Posted by snowangel
    Mystikal star, cookie dough is my fav! You will be FINE...I ate raw brownie mix the other day. Salmonella poisoning is not caused by eating raw eggs...its caused by eating undercooked chiken

Actually, raw eggs can cause salmonella...eggs, like chicken, are poultry. (eggs are baby chickens)

They say if you find a cracked egg in your egg carton, throw it out. That is why most restaurants won't cook "sunny side up" eggs anymore...if you cook theeggscompletely, it kills the salmonella.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Charlotte

Char is right. I also think that not all eggs are "infected" (I guess that is a good way to put it). some muscle men eat raw eggs for breakfast and don't have any problems.

yup its true, thats why your are suppost to keep raw eggs on the bottom shelf of the fridge, so that if they break they dont dtip and contaminate other food. But carmagnet is right, not all eggs are infected, i think it depnds on the mother chicken. Here in the UK eggs are marked with a red lion stamp to say they are safe.

You can also get salmonella from flies landing on food because they v* on to it! so always keep food covered up too!

I was just looking on the Pillsbury website, and the eggs are dried and pasteurized, so I would think it highly unlikely that you would get salmonella poisoning from them.

Anna

Yup you'll be fine. I eat those things raw all the time. They are SOOO
    good. MmMM good! I just made some the other day but I burnt them
    *cries*

can i have an un burnt cookie?!

My boyfriend buys the premade cookie dough so he can eat it raw! I've eaten it, but not a whole lot. Plus, when I was little, I used to eat raw cookie dough homemade!

I have had salmonilla twice. Both times I was in the hospital.....Ive never been so sick in all my life....seriously, I felt better after a c-section than I did while I was food poisioned. I got it from chicken at a TGIF Fridays restaurant the first time, second time was some chicken noodle soup from Tim Hortons. However, my ex-husband got salmonilla from eggs from the grocery store. We even took the eggs to a lab and had them tested to make sure that was what made him sick, and it was.....the whole carton was infected.......ewwwwww!!!! I never ate an egg out of that dozen (Thank God) but my ex was sick as a dog!

really from tgi fridays? that worries me. I work for pizzahut which is part of the same company. i thought the hygiene standards were really good within the whole company

Is it possible to get food poisoning from egg nog?

You see, on December 27th, my boyfriend poured himself a glass of store-bought egg nog at work and let it sit out for five hours, but drank it anyway during that time! On Dec. 28th, he woke up feeling very sick to his stomach with d*******. He went to work, but came home early, which isn't at all like him to do. In almost three years that we've been dating and living together, I've never seen him so white -- his lips were gray! Anyway, he complained of a headache, had d******* A LOT, and made himself v**** twice that evening because he felt very dizzy. After that, he had muscle aches.

The next day, he stayed home because he was still a little weak and not fully feeling all that well, but by the afternoon, he was up and about, and back to himself. He even ended up eating!

This happened last Tuesday, and I'm all frantic, unsure of what he had, and VERY afraid of getting it. Sorry for the long story.

Thank-You For Listening!