Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Question Anyone deal with UTI's?

I'm of course a 19 year old girl, and I have been getting some nasty UTI's (bladder infections) for the last year. This might be a little graphic, but it started to get bad once my sex life became very... active, shall we say. I inherited this from all of the women in my family, so it's impossible to avoid getting it.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever suffered from n* or anything else horrible from it.
    Sadly, getting a UTI has started to kind of become another phobia of mine. Not as bad as my emet, but it still can get pretty bad. Only because I hate taking those darn antibiotics! They kill me!

Default Re: Anyone deal with UTI's?

You need to find out why you get UTIs so often. Don't just think 'well it runs in my family'. You could have pre-diabetes or a physical problem. You could try going to the toilet after any sexual activity to flush any bacteria out. You can also drink acidic fruit juice (such as cranberry) and lots of water at the very first sign of a UTI. I have had UTIs maybe 2 or 3 times, never felt n or anything like that, but then I have always used fruit juice at the first twinge and never got as far as needing antibiotics.

Well I would get them because I didn't know how to take care of myself properly in that department. Every time I start to feel like I'm getting one, I drink a lot of fluids and I used to drink 2 or 3 glasses of cranberry juice a day. I try to use the bathroom after I have intercourse. My dr. told me that's what I am suppose to do, I haven't had a bad one for a very long time, I try to take very good care of myself since I don't want to end up getting a kidney infection! Agh!

Well it sounds like you have everything under control now then!

I've had at least 1-2 UTI's a year since I became sexually active but I know it's not just from that because I had a few when I was a kid as well, as young as 6 months old.

I've never been sick from the anti-biotics that I'm given. I always take ciproflaxin (spelling?). It's easy on the stomach but I always make sure to take food with it as well.
    "there's a light at the end of this tunnel" you shout, 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out. these mistakes you make, you'll just make them again if you only try turning around.. and breathe. just breathe <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've had loads and never once vomited from either the UTI itself or the antibiotics, and i've been on plenty of different antibiotics. There was only once that I got bad nausea and it was my own fault because I hadn't eaten and the particular antibiotic i was on (can't remember which) specified you MUST eat first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jmd: I took the same the first time I had a UTI. It worked so well! But I couldn't swallow pills that well at the time and I had to crush it up and it tasted AWFUL. But then I took it again about a year later when I had another UTI, and it worked just as well as it did the first time

paulinek: I took macrobid once, and I didn't eat ANYTHING when I took it and it gave me the worse possible stomach ache I have ever had haha. I learned to eat something before I take it every time