Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I'm terrified!?

Thumbs down I'm terrified!?

So i've read on a few websites about Noro 2010 in Autum and Winter... and I cannot tell you how scared I am!
    I'm terrified!! I read a woman got it, 2 times in 2 weeks!! I read its airbourn, it come on quick and violent!! I started crying when I read it, I sit and it almost haunts me. Why am I so scared of being sick..
    And I know its only a matter of time before someone close to me gets it?

I'll do anything and everything I can to avoid it! I want to lock my self away until March! But I dont want to avoid my family if they come down with it... I want to move out and live in a one roomed place.. thats tiled celings and floors with a bed and bleach!!!

Ahhhhhhh people think I'm crazy, maybe I am! I've even said, if I catch a bug, or get food poisiong I'll kill myself... I've told my dad that I will. I'm terrified!

I think its time for me to get some help, so where are the best places to go to for help.. Um? Hypnotherapy? Acipunture.. Help groups, I need to do something now, before something bad happens.

Any tips, advice... Anything?
    Thankyou Lorna xxx

Default Re: I'm terrified!?

You're reading a lot of misinformation about it.
    Go to my website (link below) and click on "Norovirus" - you'll get the latest, most updated facts written by a microbiologist and myself - in a format that is factual, yet written to address the emet's fears. THEN stop reading stuff on the internet about it. It will only make your phobia worse.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Just think, if every person in the world washed their hands properly before making or eating food, noro might become a nearly extinct illness.

I have NEVER heard anything about noro being airborne. I would be very surprised if a virus can just up and change its mode of transmission. As far as the woman is concerned (assuming that she actually exists), I know a guy who fell from a 60ft cliff, broke his back in 2 places, shattered his wrist, and then climbed back up the cliff before he eventually went to the hospital that evening. Incredibly unlikely things do happen from time to time, but not often enough that I'd even consider that they might happen to me.

I see what you mean, I HATE NORO.

Thats incorrect info hun, its not airborne, unless you inhale someone V** particles. And as far as catching it twice, from what i read and heard form the cdc there is about a 14 week immunity, so muct have been a different virus, or something she ate. Just wash your hands, you will be okay. My daughter had it last year, and i mean bad!! And me and my husband were able to care for her, and did not catch it. We washed our hands alot, and cleaned with bleach.

I went to London with my sister who had it. I was stuck on a coach with her for 5 hours, shared a bed with her, she slept with her head on my shoulder. It's not airbourne, but you can catch it if you inhale particles from v*.

Just stay clean, be hygienic and you'll be fine