Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Smile OT: Ive got a new job!!!

After years and years of unemployment - due to several reasons but my emet being one, Ive finally found a job! I went along to a local job fair and applied for a job, was interviewed straight away and was offered the post there and then! I start Monday and its 30 hrs per week. Im so excited but also worried. What if I cant handle working and feeling n* which I suffer from on an almost daily basis to some degree? Just wanted to share some good news for a change

Default Re: OT: Ive got a new job!!!

Yay that is brilliant! Is it a long way from home, or a short journey? You might find the n* goes away when you're distracted. Is there a reason behind your n* or is it a mystery? xxx

Yay! Congrats on the new job! I just got a new one too, new jobs are so stressful, but also so exciting! What sort of work will you be doing?

Thanks everyone.

My job is only a 5 minute drive away so thats a good thing. I could probably walk to it in 25 minutes but I'll be taking the car (yes Im lazy!!). Its an admin job - basically some reception and computer work. I havent worked in 10 years and am dreading getting back into some kind of routine, its going to be so hard at first.

I suffer from gastritis and IBS and when either flares up I can end up feeling pretty rough but Ive just GOT to make an extra effort. Usually all I want to do is stay in bed clutching a hot water bottle to my stomach and taking meds. Hopefully I'll find the strength to get through the tough times. Im trying to convince myself that its only 6 hrs per day and I can do it. Fingers crossed

Andrilla whats your new job?

I'm going to be therapeutic support staff, or TSS! They help kids usually with behavior problems/autism/retardation/ect. They work with individually with one kid helping them with what they need, be it reminders to pay attention, teach them to deal with conflicts, or (especially with the little kids) teaching them socially accepted behavior, whatever they need help with. The big downside of the job is that no one knows what a TSS is without an explanation

I'm going to be in a 3rd grade class room (eep!) and I'm working around kids (double eep!) but I'm finally taking on a job that I want to do! I met the kid on Tuesday and he is an angel!

Congratulations! I'm a receptionist too and I love it, having people in and out and answering the phone etc really does keep the mind occupied. When i was younger i would literally run out of jobs in a panic as suffered from panic nausea all the time but these days instead of running at the first hint of feeling ill i say to myself if i still feel ill in xx minutes (make it 5, 10, 15 or whatever) then i will calmly tell someone i'm ill and need to leave and in the 10 odd years i've been doing that i've only run out once in a flap. You may have to do it a few times but all of a sudden you suddenly think, hang on it's been half an hour and i'm ok now!

Also another tip is if you feel panicky say you're a bit light headed orgot a terrible headache and you just need to step outside for some fresh air, honestly, people don't bat an eyelid at that one and it often gives you time to gather yourself and calm down.

Good luck, i'm sure you will be fine!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

congrats on the job!! i totally agree with paula.......i used to leave jobs pretty quickly at the first sign of n or panic......but i've found that if i put time limits on myself and push through the panic it usually eases off and i can continue with my work.

positive thought only...........first day job jitters are totally normal so try not to over think them........plan your wardrobe for the week.....have fun......think of all the money
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.