I read through these posts when I first joined the forum and was inspired by Avaths CBT journey. My therapists that I have been too, I don't think are really qualified to tackle the severity of my anxiety and my specific phobia. A few of them have said that they use CBT but I only got one worksheet to fill out, which did help my thinking a little. But my therapy was mostly, go in and talk about how you're feeling that week. Some of them wouldn't hardly give me feedback. I'd be telling them what I figured out and what I was going to work on, so I wondered why I was paying for this type of therapy, if I could just find my own ways of working on things. Although it is nice to have an unbiased party listen to your problems.

So I thought for myself, I would start my own CBT and use some of the things Avath used and also maybe thinking of some anxiety producing situations that I could do each day-which I have been trying, just not every day. I'm also trying to uncover 'feelings and emotions' about things. I've been recently getting into collaging, just using photographs, images or words from magazines and catalogs and pasting them down. And I have uncovered a couple new ways of thinking about past feelings. Interesting. Need to keep up on that.

I wonder, though, how Avath is doing now, still not afraid???