Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: My CBT journey

Hybrid View

Default Re: Questions

I have just found out this evening that my fear has a name! I found this site, which excites me! But, as I read through these posts I see that it's more focused on you yourself vomitting. My fear is mainly on others around me vomitting. Don't get me wrong; I do fear of myself coming down with the Norovirus or being exposed to the germs, but I fear that I will get sick which will lead to everyone in my household coming down with it. Is anyone else mainly afraid of others vomitting or is it just me?

Default Re: Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Missviviemaeh View Post
    I have just found out this evening that my fear has a name! I found this site, which excites me! But, as I read through these posts I see that it's more focused on you yourself vomitting. My fear is mainly on others around me vomitting. Don't get me wrong; I do fear of myself coming down with the Norovirus or being exposed to the germs, but I fear that I will get sick which will lead to everyone in my household coming down with it. Is anyone else mainly afraid of others vomitting or is it just me?
    I also deal with the fear of others vomitting. I mainly worry about being with sick kids or adults and I will not be in situations where intoxicated people are around me. I fear that I will see them vomit. I have also learned how to not vomit when I feel bad using medicine, supplements and peppermint. I recently noticed that I fear more when in public with my kids. I worry of n* and v* with them.