Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default So as I sit here

I wonder when ill get sick...I wonder how ill handle it and the alone feeling ill have...I wonder how long it will last and if i can get through it....

I have constant thoughts like this....well not constant but pretty consistant.

I usually think im going to get sick because i get so worked up about thinking im going to that i go into a panic attack and it only makes it worse....

Im so sick of this horrible cycle...its feels like ill never get better even with the help im seeking...

I feel so alone in a world filled with people who like me are scared.

My hands have now chapped and have little red dots on them from over hand washing I was alot to get rid of germs that Im scared will cause me to get sick. I put lotion on but it never really gets to sink in all the way because ill touch something or do something and ill have to wash again....

I go out in pubic and im ok for a short time then i think of everything around me and panic again.

I just feel like its never ending and i dont know what else to do....
    dette også skal passere

Default Re: So as I sit here

Same here......It's awful....:S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sorry you're having a rough go right now.......find some distractions that will give your mind a rest from the emet thoughts.....

when i'm awake in the middle of the night i play trivia in a chat room online.....takes lots of concentration and before i know it i'm not so scared anymore.....just a thought

feel better
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ugh same here. It's terrible. My hands stay dried out from washing them constantly. I keep telling my husband, and myself for that matter that I'm going to do better but so far nothing has changed.

That's the hell that is emetophobia. In a desperate attempt to avoid being sick, we make ourselves sick with worry and fear. What if you said, SCREW IT and do one little tiny thing that you normally wouldn't? What would happen if you started to do that? Because remember, if you keep doing everything the same way, you'll always get the same result. So to change the outcome, we have to change what we do and how we do it, right? Challenge your fear just a tiny bit.... I promise you, emetophobia is lying to you big time.

Thanks everyone, now im sitting here freaking out once again because it real!!! MY SISTER IS SICK! Idk what to do I dont wan to get sick im scared out of my mind!
    dette også skal passere

Goodness, that's awful! Try to take some deep beaths and relax, hope everything goes okay,
    ~Lacey xxxx