Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My boyfriend tries to be helpful.

This morning I woke up to find my boyfriend sitting up in bed, dozing. I asked him why. He explained that when he laid down, he felt too nauseous and was scared that if he stayed that way too long and had to v*, he wouldn't be able to make it out of the room (his dorm room is in a hotel so there are bathrooms downstairs). A few minutes later, he left the room and went to the downstairs bathrooms to v* so I wouldn't panic. Even at his most nauseous, he still thinks of me and my needs first. He went down three floors just to use a bathroom. I just figured I'd show that there are significant others out there who can be understanding and help you through this. He really is amazing. Does anyone else have someone so great?

Default Re: My boyfriend tries to be helpful.

Wow, you are really lucky to have such a considerate boyfriend!

Mine is very cautious as well. When he watches ANYTHING (TV, Movies, Video Games, etc.) he watches with an emet eye, and warns me when the V will be so I'm not caught off guard. When I had a SV last year he waited outside the bathroom for me so he could hug me and hold me and make sure I was okay as quickly as possible, and then stayed home to play video games with me so I wouldn't be as miserable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My husband is so understanding. He helps me through this everyday. He is the only person I have ever let into my little world. No one else knows my secret, not even family. He is the only one who really, truly knows everything about me. I told him about it several months after we started dating because he could tell that something was wrong. Despite all of this he still married me and loves me for who I am. I know this has to be hard for him to deal with as well because it affects so many aspects of our life together, but he never becomes impatient with me. It really does help to have a partner who is so caring and understanding, and I'm glad that you have that too

My boyfriend is really good about it too. Whenever we would decide to watch something, he used to pre-screen it first to make sure that there was no v in it. He did that until I told him to stop because I wanted to get used to seeing it on TV. After that, he still screened it, but would just make sure that we watched it on a day that I wasn't already anxious. When it does happen on TV he checks to make sure I'm fine with it. He listens to my paranoid ramblings and he does what he can to make me feel better (It kills him that I don't want to be touched when I'm really anxious). He said that when we live together, he will make sure that he never gets sick in the house, he will find someone else to stay with. (Yeah, avoidance is bad, but it was his idea, not mine!) Thankfully, he seriously never gets sick with anything worse than a cold.

He has started pushing me to get better, trying to get me to face it, and I need someone to do that. On my bad days, when I feel weak and worthless, he reminds me how far I have already come. I really couldn't ask for anyone more supportive than him. I'm really lucky that my boyfriend, my family, and my friends all support me in this, but never supportive enough to be enabling. I hope that everyone here can find someone so supportive.

My boyfriend tries to help, bless him. But when I am upset he wants to come and comfort me- not good if he's the one that's v'ed! That's only happened twice though, and he did clean up after himself (and then I cleaned after him to make sure!). But he's lovely if it's someone else. He is supportive without being too overprotective e.g. he will just squeeze my hand or rub my shoulder or something to remibd me he's there.

Thats great! People close to me try to comfort me, and I know they mean well, but it p***** me right off! You're lucky to have someone who must have a real talent for hospitality and kindness...Lol xxxx

Yes. My fiance had a stomach flu last winter and he went upstairs just to v*.
    Also, if he has seen a movie before I have and he knows there is going to be a scene with v* in it, he will cover my eyes or let me know in advance. Very sweet

My ex partner (sadly my ex) was fantastic. He would also pre screen and fast forward any scenes I would hate to see. He wouldnt let anyone speak of being sick and would tell them to stop because of me. If I needed time out he would hold fort with the kids and did anything to help me if I was distressed. he learnt not to fuss me and would just pop in every now and then to see how I was doing.
    He truly was the best.