Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Im a terrible Mum

Hi, I'm new here. I have suffered emet for 25 years now, and have had no success with CBT. I'm writing this hiding away from my 4 year old daughter who is complaining of not feeling well, and came across this site.
    I feel so hopeless! I just feel that I should never have become a mother. I just thought or hoped this fear would magically dissapear once I had children, but it didn't. Now I'm trapped in this existence where I am being a terrible parent cause I can't look after them because Im too scared, I want to run away, but can't do that to them either. I see the only way out being death. I can't stand this fear anymore. How do other Mums cope with this?

Default Re: Im a terrible Mum

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sounds like a bit of a problem you have there. Your not a terrible parent. I know loads of emet parents, and no emet parents are awful, they are just absolutly wonderful for trying to combat their emet! Tke some deep breaths and try to relax, hope this helps and I hope you find some support and help on the forum. Sorry to hear about your unsuccessful CBT.
    Stay Strong, Lacey xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You're not a terrible mother. Its hard I know. My daughter is 19 now but when she was younger she had asthma and would get sick from coughing. I wasnt too bad at dealing with that although of course I would feel panicky but tried my best not to show her cos I didnt want her to pick up on it. I had no choice but to deal with it cos I was a single parent from the time she was 3. The very few times she had a sv* were the worst cos I was terrified Id catch it from her - Im still the same now!! Thank God my emet wasnt as severe as it is now but I did cope and so will you. All the best

Well I just had a baby seven months ago and I'm really nervous how this will turn out. This very moment I'm parked in the parking lot at a shopping mall cuz my boyfriend/fiancee is sick. Has been for like two hours now and I feel horrible. I have tried to just magically make it go away too but it doesn't work. I don't think ur a horrible mom I think you are awesome for even trying to get over it. The fact that you consider how they might feel about your actions shows that. Stay strong.