Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do seabands really work?

Would wearing those every daily keep me from feeling nauseous when i get anxious? Or does anyone else have any other suggestions?
    Thanks!

Default Re: Do seabands really work?

I use sea-bands and so far so good!! I also take anti-emetics so cant say for sure which works best but my motto is the more the merrier!! They certainly wont do you any harm

They work for mild nausea like motion sickness/morning sickness/anxiety but don't work if you have noro or something! I used to work on ships and still have mine. I love them!
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

I might have to try those! Where can i buy them and how much are they?

Anywhere that sells travel accessories (supermarkets, chemists etc) should probably stock them. Pricewise, I don't really know I'm afraid! When my cousin got some years ago they were about £10, but that was 10 years ago or something. For the record, my friend at school swore by them. She actually preferred them to tablets, as she still felt n on the tablets but not with the bands.

This past week I've been using Wrist Angel. Which has been helping for travel n*.

But these Sea Bands; they're only £5 at my chemist. Think I'll be buying some after reading reviews

I seriously have no idea! Probably for mild cases...But I don't know
    Lacey xxxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I tried them for seasickness once and they seemed to work, but I couldn't tell you if it was more a mental thing or because they truly worked. Either way, I didn't feel nauseous on the boat. They certainly wouldn't work if you had a real illness, and they're more preventative than anything. They couldn't hurt and they're very cheap.

I'd vouch for them in terms of travel. they really seem to take that edge off.

They never worked for me to be honest. I wore them on both wrists every single day of my pregnancy and it didn't do a thing for me They cost me about $10.00 for a pair.
    "there's a light at the end of this tunnel" you shout, 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out. these mistakes you make, you'll just make them again if you only try turning around.. and breathe. just breathe <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HeatherC Guest

I tried these during my pregnancy and the first day I used them, I could have swore that they worked, but after that they didn't seem to do a thing. I think it was a mental thing on the first day, I just wanted them to work so badly.