Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Dilemma

This might sound a little confusing, but I need advice, so here goes: I have a friend, Becki, who has 3 kids, her middle child is 2 yrs. old, and he was up all night v'ing last night, but before that, her family was over at another of my friend's (Kim) house last night, playing games, letting their kids play together, etc. Well, tonight my friend Kim wants to come over to MY house with her daughter who is 6 and was playing with the sick little boy last night!! I don't know if I want her over, just in case Bryson was contagious last night, and Kim's daughter is going to get sick and pass it on to my kids!! Should I tell them not to come or am I being a paranoid freak??

Oooh tough call! I'd be afraid, too. I don't want to tell you what to do, but I would at least ask Kim about who's sick. Simply tell her that you do not want to expose your children to that. Or, you could reschedule the get together for a future night. If they do/did end up coming over, just make sure your kids wash their hands, and use antibacterials -- i.e. soap, antibacterial wipes, bleach, Lysol.

Good Luck!

I wouldn't want them to be together either, and I know that avoidance thing is always in the back of my mind and I feel like such a wuss if I give in to my emet, but sometimes I feel strong and other times I don't. You'll have to let yourself see how strong you are right now. I don't think I've helped at all, but I certainly understand your dilemma. If you don't feel right about it, cancel. It's not worth being all freaked out for the next few days, that's for sure.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I'd avoid it too...but of course I'm an emet like yourself. For me ...the it wouldn't be a fun visit so why not just wait until you know they weren't around a bug.