Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
    mastel07 Guest

Unhappy Tips for travelling?

Hey guys, I've got a long journey on a train next week and I'm totally freaking out! With this v* virus going round plus the cramped trains over christmas I don't know how to cope. Any advice? I can usually deal with anxiety on the trains I got them all through summer but now it's a totally different story please help!

Default Re: Tips for travelling?

When I travel I make sure I have ear plugs for any sounds, and also my ipod or earphones for my laptop. I also spray some perfume on a hanky or paper towel and put it in a zip bag in case there are any smells. I always have gum, mints and antacids. I have even carried one of those night masks although I've never used it. Get one of those paper face masks. I've never used one, but I see people with them all the time.

Default Re: Tips for travelling?

The only way that you will catch a stomach bug is if you eat or stick your fingers in your mouth without washing your hands. You have to EAT the virus to catch it. Remind yourself several times that, as long as you wash your hands and keep your fingers out of your mouth, you will be fine. Even if every person on that train had a stomach bug, there is no guarantee that you are going to catch it. Practice good hygiene and try to relax (easier said than done...)

I strongly agree with the headphones/music. Bring along your favorite music, the kind that always distracts you and calms you down. It has gotten me through some bad travel experiences (no buses or trains involved, it was a family trip). I also make sure to have ginger with me in case I start feeling carsick. I have NEVER felt or gotten carsick, but it makes me feel better to have it with me.