Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I'm so lucky

Hybrid View

Default I'm so lucky

I am very lucky to have the support of my family and Fiance. Mum and Simon (Fiance), have been amazing throughout. They must get so fed up with me sometimes, but have sat up all night with me when I was having panic attacks, and constantly reasurring me about food and other things.

Dad once whizzed down to my house in about 10 seconds flat (his best time ever I think), when I was having a panic attack. Not sure he knew quite what to do when he got here!

Sister is beginning to undestand more what it is like, as she has been suffereing from panic attacks and stress herself recently. She never really understood what I am going through, and just tries to cheer me up when I am down.....normally with a gift. Which is lovely, but not always what is needed. Comfort and reassurance are so important when you suffer from this phobia.

Default Re: I'm so lucky

I wish my dad was like that O_o,
    you ARE lucky! xxxxxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Personally, I think comfort and reassurance made me worse. As a kid, I could always run to my dad if someone was ill. My phobia developed gradually. I am not sure, but I feel like if my mum and dad had told me not to be so silly then it wouldn't have developed at all. Because as a kid I learned that if someone else is ill, I get comforted, when the comfort isn't there, that's when I get bad panic attacks. Although being comforted helps me, it's not healthy for me as I need to learn to reassure myself.

Lucky!! If i try to talk to my dad about something like that or try to tell him about my fears he tells me to f*** off and buck up. He wouldn't even pick me up from school when i had a fever of 101