Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy My parents just don't seem to care...

So tonight is the biggest night for drinking in America. Out of the whole year pretty much. People come home to visit their families and friends and end up going out and getting drunk. My parents are those people. Despite how I feel about it, they find it necessary to do this. So right now, they are both out getting drunk. My dad already told me that he wouldn't come home just for my sake. But when I asked my mom if she would try to find somewhere else to stay, she got upset and said I was being irrational. And I know that I am. But I can risk her getting sick. I just can't. And all of my friends are away visiting family. So I have no place to stay. I'm just not sure what to do.

Default Re: My parents just don't seem to care...

I know how you feel girl.. i hate going to parties where people are drinking.. im always super anxious around them! if your mom refuses to stay somewhere else then maybe you should just hide yourself away once she gets home and dont come into contact with her for the rest of the night. Watch a movie or listen to your ipod so that it blocks out the sound and keeps your attention! I hope this helps.. good luck tonight!

I agree with Jada2010. I always listen to my iPod when my mum is drunk, so i cant hear anything. I also try to get either outside, or to the other end of the house. My mum always gets drunk! I hate it! I know exactly what you mean, and I really do hope things go okay for you! Good luck!

Also know how you feel. I'd agree with Jada. iPod, or ear plugs. I usually wrap myself up in a blanket up over my head so I'm kind of coccooned. It makes me feel safer and I can't hear anything.

I hope there's nothing for you to worry about. Xx

Hey! I hope it all worked out ok. I know i am a little late posting, but maybe try to avoid them? I know it's hard for other people to understand our fears, but maybe you can have a sit down with your mom when she is a bit more calm and explain...

I'm sorry, that's terrible.

The other night it was about 12:00 AM on a Friday (well, Saturday morning,) & I was on the bus home from seeing a movie. I was with my older brother, & the bus was FILLED with drunks. The worst part was while I was waiting for my bus, one of them v*d in the bushes (thankfully my brother pulled me away, but afterward said "Aghh I can hear her!") so I was so panicky on the bus, I wanted to get off & I couldn't.

As other people have said, I'd suggest listening to your iPod to attempt to block out the noise, or go for a walk because then you're out of the house, that's what I try to do when my mom is sick because I live far away from my friends & I feel it's rude to invite myself over. :]

stay in your room, watch some tv, just relax. atleast its not catching so you dont have to wrorry about that.