Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Talking So Proud Of Myself!

This is the first time I've ever posted in this section of the forum so it's sort of a big deal to me.

I've been attempting a break from IES to see if I can stand on my own two feet and for the past week, I've been doing great. I've not taken any of my "emergency" meds such as anti-anxiety or anti-emetics. (Although last night I gave in and took one Loreazapam because my stomach was in complete knots and I needed to settle down before a meeting). But there have been times within the last week where I've felt a little off but I've worked through it with myself in my head and in the end, I found I have a great ability to calm myself down without medication. Also, one of the times I was feeling a little N*, the first thought that came to mind wasn't fear, but it was just myself thinking that there is nothing to be afraid of and if I V* then I V* and it will be over soon.

Just wanted to share my excitement and tell everyone that THERE IS HOPE!
    "there's a light at the end of this tunnel" you shout, 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out. these mistakes you make, you'll just make them again if you only try turning around.. and breathe. just breathe <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: So Proud Of Myself!

Awesome! Very happy you're feeling so well!

Looks like you gave yourself a good Thanksgiving gift!

David

sounds great......i've always been a private "panic" person and have gotten pretty good at calming myself with distractions........glad that you've found a way to deal with it.....to me that's what a cure is all about.....

congratulations.....hope to hear more good things from you
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good for you! I'm happy to hear about everything

You should be proud of yourself. It is the little steps. Continue to post your achievements. I love to read the positive stories.

I will definatley continue to post more positive stories. I want to try to post just those from now on instead of panic threads whenever I do come on here!
    "there's a light at the end of this tunnel" you shout, 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out. these mistakes you make, you'll just make them again if you only try turning around.. and breathe. just breathe <3

Grats! Keep the positive attitude and you'll be cured in no time

You may find these links helpful!

Fearlessoffear Guest

Congratulations. Keep up the good work.