Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Please help!!!

Exclamation Please help!!!

It's been 36 hours since I last v* with flu, but I'm too scared to eat anything. Do I not have an appetite because I'm scared, or because I'm still unwell? How long can I go without eating anything? I feel n* just thinking about food yet I can keep down any fluids. Yeah this is a bit of a panic post, I was fine and calm when I v* but now I'm so scared that I'll v* again if I even try and eat anything! I had a very small piece of homemade fruit cake earlier and it was fine, but I only ate it because I fancied it at the time, and now I don't fancy anything again! Ahhh! Somebody please help me! xx

Claire-

Default Re: Please help!!!

It's been a long time since the last time you v*ed. You should be fine now. Try to stay calm. Tell yourself you'll be fine.

If you've eaten something small and you were okay, try eating something else small. Bland things are best if you're afraid because they're unlikely to irritate your stomach, but if you don't want to eat, stay hydrated. I drink gatorade when I'm ill, and it's fine, it's never made me feel worse, and my mother (the nurse) tells me it's good for when you've been ill because it rehydrates you well.

Feel better really soon! Xx

Hope you're feeling better now! But i was wondering,,why do you think it was the flu and not Noro? Did u have any other flu like symptoms? It kinda sounds more like u had a touch of a stomach virus or something to me but either way,i hope youre doing well now..
    Make me whole again....

Yes unless you had other flu symptoms it sounds more like a stomach virus, and when I had one it was about 4 or 5 days before i had a proper meal, prior to that I just nibbled at things because I still had diarrhoea and cramps for a few days and one minute i was hungry and the next felt sick so just have your favourite foods in your hungry moments, it doesn't matter if you eat rubbish for a few days just eat whatever you can get down you, they do say it's good to start off with toast or rice - my fiance's first meal after noro? Pepperoni Pizza and a can of lager!!! And he was right as rain so i'd just go for a little of whatever you fancy. Kaydeejade is right, fluids are the most important thing so keep drinking plenty. Hope you feel better soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PaulineK, that's awesome! Pepperoni Pizza and a can of lager. That made me laugh.

How are you going, Claire?

im sorry you were sick. yes its been a couple of days so i say its mostly likely you wont feel the need to v* again. but after i had noro (and i didnt v* but trust me i fought it off well!!) it was days before i was confident enough to eat. it could be the fact that you just think your gonna v* again thats putting you off from eating. but if you have an appetite and ate some food and kept it down or didnt feel sick, then i say your definatly fine. but its always hard to eat after being sick. i dont see how other people can just do it and eat loads of food like paulines fiance.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Sorry you're feeling unwell.

When I had the actual flu, I didn't vomit but had ZERO appetite for two weeks. I lost a lot of weight, but I kept drinking lots of fluids, so I was fine.

When I had norovirus, I had diarrhea really bad (no vomiting although I was horribly nauseous), no appetite the next day, and was fine and back to eating normally by the third day.

Everyone's different though.

Feel better soon. Keep up the fluids, and if you're up to it, try eating a tiny bit throughout the day. Just nibble if you can't do a whole meal. And remember "this too shall pass".

Hi, thank you so much everyone!

I'm pretty sure it was flu - I had fluey symptoms a couple of days before, sore throat, achey, the general fluey feel, but I suppose it could have been a sv. My mum now has a sore throat, I feel sorry for her, she stayed in my room for a long time every day!
    Anyway, it's really good to hear (but not in a nasty way) that you didn't want anything to eat for 2 weeks, butterfly, makes me feel more reassured about not fancying anything yet. Been nibbling on breadsticks and mashed fruit but still dont fancy ANYTHING. At least now I can look at/smell food without wanting to v*!
    Can't wait to start eating again Thank you guys for your support, I'm feeling better now, just miserable and still no appetite.
    You've all helped me a lot xx
    -Claire x