I figure since people seem to like documenting their experiences with different kinds of therapy, I'll document one of the first types of therapy I've tried. It's a little different though, so I'm not so sure it belongs here. Hopefully it can be moved if it's in the wrong place. One of my mother's ideas to try and help me overcome my anxiety was born from seeing her patients benefit from having companion dogs. She had the idea that perhaps getting me a puppy would be a help in overcoming all of the anxieties I have.

I got Monty about three weeks ago, when he was about 7 weeks old, because his mother wasn't taking care of him properly, only the other pups, and he wasn't assertive enough to push through his siblings to get fed. So the breeder made sure we had another dog (who is not a companion dog by any stretch of the imagination) to try and teach him some manners and basic dog ways of life.

He's now 10 weeks old and I think I'm seeing a difference in my anxiety, as well as in me as a person. I'm feeling more confident with myself, because I think I figure he needs me, so I have to be strong for him, because when I'm not okay, he can tell, and gets edgy, too. I feel that having him around has the possibility to really help me out.

I'm also having CBT, which I'm really hoping will help me with my emetophobia. I'm hopeful. I started today, and I can't wait for my appointment next week. I'm so sick of living with this, I just want it to be gone, and I'm determined to beat it. So hopefully the combination of having Monty, and undergoing CBT is going to be the thing that finally helps me.

The first session of CBT was exactly as Sage said it would be. The therapist, Jo, asked me lots and lots of questions, and got to know each other. It was really nice to tell someone everything, and have them say that they think they can help me. I'm hoping we'll get down to the really business end of things next week. I guess I'll post again when I've had my second session. It seems she's worked with emetophobia before, which gives me a whole lot of hope, as well.

To end, a picture of me and Monty

I'm going to keep updating this on mine and Monty's progress. :-)

Hope someone gets something out of this.