Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey all!

Well, I am a bit nervous today---I start back to my job (I am a preschool teacher) after Christmas break. Who knows what lovely "bugs" will be traveling back into school with the little ones. But....I am going to be BRAVE! I do all I can to be sanitary (lysol the toys, the room, clorox the tables every day, wash my hands, etc.,)--so that is all I can do.

I am trying to start 2005 off with a positive beginning. This morning I exercised for 45 min. Over the past year, I have lost 35 lbs--(I think mostly because I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and my meds. kicked in) but I want to tone up. I have also started working on a new career of being a licensed massage therapist. I go to school 3 nites a week and will graduate in August. I also decided to start a 'thankful' journal. Every nite, I am writing 3 things down that I am thankful for. They can be very minor things---yesterdays entry was "I am glad to get my Christmas decorations down and do a little cleaning." Nothing major. But I am going to do this every nite. I am going to try and give myself about 10 min. or so a day to sit and listen to calm music and maybe just try and meditate.

Anyway---I want to start seeing the glass half full and not half empty. I may have setbacks --but I am going to tell myself I am ok. Anyone else have any good plans for the new year? Any good positive wellness tips?

"What you focus on.....GROWS."

Good luck, i hope you achieve everything you wish for yourself. My personal goals this year are to overcome my fear enough that i can start my teacher training course in september, plus ease tensions between me and my boyfriend (caused by emet). I havent got any good advice im afraid, just wishing you a happy new year, hope its a good one.

Iwant to continue my training this year in college. I also want to make more money this year, and work towards better financial stability. On a much more personal note, I want to be free of fear and it's hang-ups.

As for postitive wellness tips, always reward yourself when you have accomplished a difficult task. Regardless of the size of the accomplishment, acknowledge it and do something fun.

Don't eat yellow snow. LOL [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img].

<font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

My advice to staying positive is always having something to look forward to~ no matter how small it is. Such as going out to lunch with a friend or going shopping, anything that will keep you motivated to face the day, try it and it does work for me, although I am not always the positive type of person. I am more positive in the warmer weather when the emet is not so severe.