Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lightbulb Possibly IBS... Or Something Else?

Hey everyone! Sort of an odd question here that needs a little backstory. My first experience with emet starting to grasp into other sections of my life was nighttime nausea. It was so bad sometimes I would rush to the bathroom. It started after my boyfriend was ill in bed beside me from drinking too much.

Well, after a few months or therapy and reprogramming my brain, I am much better. However, the past two nights I've had "nausea" right before bed and I'm laying down. It doesn't go away until I fall asleep. I know it isn't real nausea because it's loo low, mostly in my abdomen, though slightly higher. I thought it may be gas or digestion, but those usually don't make me feel that disgusting. Then I get very warm, or very cold. If I try to go to the bathroom I can usually get next to nothing out, and it doesn't really help me feel better. Now, it's important to mention that I feel no stress or anxiety about it, I simply want to know what is going on so I can get to sleep faster.

Could this be something along the lines of IBS?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Possibly IBS... Or Something Else?

I get lots of nausea at night, because my emet start point involved v* at night :S
    And I get the warm/cold thing occasinally early morning (: xxxx
    I have nooo idea what it is, but hang in there!
    x

Hmmm. For me I get really cold sometimes from my IBS because (I think) the blood surges to the part of the stomach that is processing food at the moment. I used to get this A LOT worse when my iron levels were low so maybe you should pop iron pills for a couple weeks to be on the safe side? It does sound IBSy to me though. I never get hot though.
    If fear hasn't killed me yet, then nothing will.

I'll probably get it checked out. I just figured here would be a great place to ask when it comes to digestive things, with how hyper sensitive we are!

Thanks for your help everyone!

You may find these links helpful!

Asianeko,
    I had the EXACT same experience as you had regarding a bf being sick in the bed next to you. I wrote another post regarding this but now I have to keep leaving our room and sleeping on the couch or in another room because of my anxiety over it happening again (even though he stopped drinking the next day and hasn't had any since). How did you help yourself?? I would really appreciate any advice you could give me....

I have been diagnosed with IBS and although I have my fair share of n*, my pain is predominately in the lower left part of my abdomen near my left hip. A big part of IBS is having irregular bowel movements like d* or constipation, with or without the pain.

I would recommend making a food journal of what you are eating to see if there is anything that is bothering you (this is probably one of the first things the Dr will ask you to do anyways). Maybe take it to the doctor with you if the problem persists. There really is no test to diagnose for IBS. They pretty much eliminate things like Crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis, Celiac Disease, etc... and the tests are very invasive.

It's definitely worth asking about.

Obviously I can't tell you for sure what it is, but I used to have IBS real bad (seems to be gone now that I'm recovered) and what you're describing sounds like some of my MANY symptoms of IBS.