Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: grrr... vent

So I've been having a very bad time of late emet wise.... I felt I couldn't get away from it. A woman at work that has her office next to me had a sick kid first, then a sick husband, then they had a Christmas family get-together and I asked in passing last week if everyone was now healthy and she laughs and said that now they had passed it to people at the Christmas thing they had 2 days after the son had it. First, I wouldn't step foot in the house and I can't believe they were so casual about the whole thing. Now this morning at our staff meeting she's not there because she had it. Guess who walked in about 15 minutes ago!!!?????? I cannot believe this!!!!! We have sick leave that just accrues and accrues each month and she's been here for like 23 years so she's got to have about 1000 hours. I don't know why she just doesn't use it!?!! She lives about 40 miles away from work and could have just taken this day to stay home with her kid that she complains she never gets to see. UGGHHHH.... I hate it when people are so inconsiderate. This sucks.[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I hate it when sick people still go out into the public. My aunt is the type of person who does that. She was ill on Christmas morning a couple times two years ago and still came to our house for Christmas dinner. I was like, "WTF?" Just keep those hands clean and try to stay calm. I know how frustrating it is when people are so inconsiderate. It sucks.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

I have people in my family that do this. It drives me insane. I dont know why people go to work like that, especially when they have sick leave, atleast it would be some different if they didnt have leave time accrued.

Even when I worked at a family practice doctos office, if you were sick, they didnt want you there. You could come in and be seen, but then they wanted you AT HOME!!!!Edited by: jennyleigh1975

What an idiot. I think people who do this are trying to prove
    something, but who knows what it is. Do they think they should be
    commended for being such a**holes? These are the same people who
    complain after they give their lives to their job and then get laid
    off. Sick time is for the times when you are sick. Not only
    with stomach viruses, but with influenza, pink-eye, chicken-pox -
    whatever. No one appreciates another person's germs.

Stella9

Thank you!!!!

This is one of those types of people and it doesn't surprise me in the least... I'm just so mad about it. I don't even want to use the bathroom now that she's here. I live close to my office so I go home for lunch alot of the time but for sure I will today.... good thing I'm like a camel, lol!

I think these types of people think they're being heroes when they do this. The thing is, what we do here, you could be gone a month and your work would just wait for you... we have more of a maintenance type job, where you don't see clients or anything, you maintain the system, so it's not like some places where someone else has to fill in if you miss work... I guess you have your extremes everywhere, there are people here who abuse the policy, and then these jerks who need to use it.

Thanks for letting me vent and understanding.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Personally, I don't understand how someone can go out in public with a stomach virus. It keeps me bedridden. That is not good for your body, to push it when there's something wrong. You're supposed to rest! Take it light....