Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default "My Strange Phobia" Discovery Health channel

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you all know that FINALLY we are going to get what we've all been wanting for a long time- a little recognition and awareness about Emetophobia. I filmed a show called "My Strange Phobia" a few months ago about being an Emetophobic and I go through exposure therapy to help get over the problem! The main reason I did the show was for you guys (for me too because I was so ready to get over this!) I hope this show gives you all some hope for the future! So please please tune in! December 10th on the Discovery Health Channel at 9 PM EST!

Gaby

http://www.break.com/break-originals...lineup-1958131

check out this press release from Discovery- that's me in the first picture!

i found a really short trailer for it too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4t6O...eature=related

i'm the girl freaking out on the boat
    Last edited by gcepeda; 11-28-2010 at 12:25 AM.

Default Re: "My Strange Phobia" Discovery Health channel

How interesting! I'm excited to see Of course, many emets will want to know if there is any vomit in the actual show

The first link is broken, but the second link is vomit free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I saw the preview for this and wondered if there were going to be any emetophobics! I can't wait to see it!

I can't reveal if there is vomit in the show or not because then that just defeats the whole purpose! I had to face the vomit so you guys should too!

sorry heres the link to the press release that didnt work
    http://press.discovery.com/us/dhc/pr...trange-phobia/

Marked my calender! Cant wait to watch!

I searched online and saw the clip with the jars, I can't wait to watch this, how did your treatment go btw are you doing better now?

Woah! Are you cured now?

You poor thing! "Can we please turn around!" Aww!

There are some more videos that I've found online.

http://health.discovery.com/videos/m...t-therapy.html

i am soooo excited to see this......watched the clips.....you are one brave chick thanks for doing this...
    how i feel about emet

Oh, I will definitely watch this. Isn't it funny how we all feel her pain so acutely? I could hardly stand to watch her tear up when he started to bring out the jars. I just wanted to shield her from it. But, as I'm sure we all know and she knows too, that is not the way to get better. I'm pretty sure I will cry when I see the boat scene.

I told my therapist about this and I think he is going to watch it too! I am also going to tell my mom about it in case she wants to watch it too.

I'm pretty excited to see it. Do you know if Discovery will be posting it online after? I don't have a TV at this point in time. I'm not against torrenting it, but I would rather show support to the show

You may find these links helpful!

I went to set the show to record today but I can't find the Discovery Health channel. I'm not sure if I have it included, does anyone in the US have cablevision and know what channel its on?

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    I'm pretty excited to see it. Do you know if Discovery will be posting it online after? I don't have a TV at this point in time. I'm not against torrenting it, but I would rather show support to the show
    I'd like to know that too. Sure, I have a TV, but I work almost full time and I'm a full time grad student. I'm either at work or in class whenever shows that I want to see are on.

Marked my calender just now. Cannot wait.

I will watch it, and hope that I dont get freaked out.

I really want to see this but I don't have Discovery Health (am in UK) goddamit! Can someone post here after they've seen it and let me know what it was like??

its possible they will post it on their website so i will definitely post a link here

Is there anything in there abo0ut throw up that could trigger some worriness in us? Any vomit scenes, or anything?

Hi Gaby,
    What a great job!!! You are very brave. I watched the show with my husband right next to me...I did feel anxious with the jars, but after watching you with them, I thought MAYBE I could at least look at them, maybe touch them...Thanks for getting the fear out there. We all appreciate it.

Please let us know what else your treatment entails...good luck!!

Hey guys! I want to thank you all for the tremendous amount of support! Sometimes I think back and say "what the heck was I thinking, putting myself out there like that?" but when I read all the comments from you guys it reminds me why I did it in the first place! Just to let you know, everything that was in those jars was fake vomit.....I'm not sure if they made it look like that on TV. It kind of just teaches you how much this phobia doesn't make any sense...if you knew that the jars weren't real vomit you most likely wouldnt feel anxious...so why do we feel anxious when we THINK its the real thing? They look the same! Thats what I try to tell myself everyday....its so hard. but one thing I learned from the show is that no matter how scary and terrifying and sickening it may be, exposing yourself to vomit is key. Or atleast doing one thing that scares you every day. Theres no other way to get better in my opinion!
    Sadly, I haven't seen the show yet and you guys are making me die of curiosity! Hopefully I find someone with DHC soon!

Its nice to know there is a name to what I am going through....thanks Gaby for being brave!

Has this been posted on their website or anywhere on the net yet does anyone know?
    I would have loved to watch it. Well done Gaby!