Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Is it just me?

Exclamation Is it just me?

Sometimes I get this weird feeling in my throat, almost like air is trying to come up... except I never burp, I NEVER burp, I can't... it makes me feel sick (because I don't know what it is therefore I begin to panic & I think I'm going to throw up,) & causes major anxiety attacks. I don't know what it is/could be!! Am I the only one or does anybody else know what the heck I'm talking about?

Default Re: Is it just me?

yes I know exactly what you are talking about and it's a common symptom of anxiety and alot of people experience funny sensations or feelings in their throats. It could also genuinely be some wind that needs to come up but because, like a lot of emets, you don't do burping it's just getting so far then going back down again.

either way it's absolutely nothing to be frightened of and it's not a symptom that you are about to be sick or anything like that, so next time it happens just tell yourself it's ok, it's nothing bad and take some nice slow deep breaths in and out of your nose and try not to let it escalate into a full blown panic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well I also have that all the time - literally after every meal I eat since as young as I can remember. I think its because I dont/never burp and I dont know how and this is just another way of getting the gas out, I have never been sick from it. I wouldnt worry about it though
    Susie

Thanks so much, makes me feel a lot better! I usually get very anxious when this feeling comes around because it's always "Am I gonna v*? Is this feeling v*?" & is usually triggers anxiety attacks! Again, thanks guys

It's not that I choose not to burp- I can't! I've tried to burp, my friends have tried to show me but I just simply can't. It's weird lol!