My live-in boyfriend has the stomach flu. He woke up around 8 this morning and was vomiting for about an hour on and off. Like everyone here I have a huge vomiting phobia (if I think I'm going to vomit I might have a panic attack). He is being very unhelpful with preventing to spread of his illness, things like not flushing the toilet after he vomits, taking a bath while covered in the stuff, and then getting into bed and grabbing all my pillows and blankets and putting his face in them. I don't know what to do! I don't want to be unsupportive, but I'm seriously having problems with this. Ever since he started vomiting I have avoided the bathroom (using the coffee shop next door) and have washed my hands three times in the past 1.5 hours, as well as hand sanitizer any time I touch ANYTHING. Oh and not touching my face. How can I avoid getting this? I'm pretty certain it's contagious since we both ate the same thing for dinner. I've read the thing can be contagious for two weeks after symptoms stop. I know I won't die if I get it, but gah! Since we live together in a small apartment, I'm seriously considering staying in a friend's house. What should I do?
P.S. I had no idea there was a forum for this. It's very comforting to know other people suffer from the same phobia. I thought I was just being a cry-baby.