Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ratemyvomit

Default ratemyvomit

Hi all
    Just thought I would test myself on the site ratemyvomit which was listed on here as being really bad. I did quite well and didnt have any panic attacks while looking through the pics and could quite happily rate them. (some were stupid!) Not sure how I would feel if I actually saw some of the vomit in real life though!!!!

Default Re: ratemyvomit

I haven`t seen the site, but I can`t for the life of me understand people who would have themselves photographed doing something so disgusting, as I would rather die than have anyone see me V.

I'm testing now! x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have to agree, it is well gross but I was on a positive note today and was determined to do something about it!

Some of them are actually pretty amazing shots....they'd have to have perfect timing to catch it right in the moment!

I only looked at the top ten, but I actually laughed at quite a few of them. There are some pretty creepy comments. There was one *graphic* of a very pretty girl curled up looking so peaceful asleep on the couch (in a pile of her own vomit, naturally) and a commenter said he would like for her to have done it in HIS mouth!!! Imagine that! We could have just as easily turned out that way. Well, maybe emetophilia is more rare? I dunno.

That's gross. Haha. I'm going to "test" myself too. I'm normally ok with movies and television/pictures, etc...it's the in-person thing I can't do. Wonder why that is??

Yuk that man must be seriously strange! Personally I didnt even know people do these things but its so good that a few of you went on and tested yourselves. We should suggest a self help programme that we could try and we could all share how far we got on it!

Not a chance.

Saw two, and no thanks. It's not the vomit as such, although that is gross, it's the situations the people are in. I have enough anxiety in vomit inducing situations, without having those pics pop into my head at the wrong time.

My heart was racing after the 2nd picture... nope cant look at it.

Im normally ok with things like that, but then u think of yourself in that situation and sends me a into a bit of a panic attack,

Feel n* now!!

Im sooooo tempted to go to that page, but I know once I start looking I won't stop and I'm not feeling too good as is.

The temptation..I don't want to look, but I do.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

I looked. It was soooooo gross, but I managed to look at them. For some reason, alcohol v* never bothers me. Perhaps it's because it's pure liquid. I can't do the post-food shots, though. That's sick!
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have tested it before. It didn't really upset me too much but it did leave me wondering why anyone would want to show the world pictures of their V! >_>

My therapist wants me to try to look at that site. Smart me, I told him about it! I am nervous though!

My emetophobia has always been about ME getting nauseous and vomiting. Seeing those pictures for some reason, evokes different emotion for me. I usually giggle and laugh; or feel bad for the person. Depends on how they look like they are feeling about it.

David