Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: UK peeps

Hey!

Just thought you might like to know - there is an article in the DAILY MAIL about the norovirus/norwalk/winter v* disease. Its on p50 and contains info on how it is spread and stuff.

For those non-UK peeps I will try and type up the info later and put it here.

Just thought it might be helpful

X
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

it wud scare me to read that... hope my dad doesnt buy the mail today...

xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry - I lost track of time and forgot to rescue the paper from the recycling box before my Dad took it...

It basically said that it was through coming into contacgt with an infected person that caused it...but the thing that I ask myslef is HOW DID IT START???
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

The Norwalk Virus goes round every winter. Mostly in Hospitals and Nursing homesog and cruise ships,but a few winters ago my Mum caught it, can you imagine???? Anyway she felt very rough and I was scared but to start off with we didnt know she had that, I thought it was food she ate so i wasnt too careful then she sees th Dr and I find out Norwalk [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]Panicked like hell for a week...and didnt catch it.

The point is that yes Norwalk does spread easier than other viruses BUT you have to be either standing right near the person when the V* or be the kind of person who doesnt wash their hands to catch it.

And I wouldn't believe all you read in the paper, they make it wound worse than it is because that sells stories. I also would NOT look it up on the internet cos 1.) Its unreliable and 2.) You'll scare the crap out of yourself

Take usual Precautions and as hard as it is just TRY not to worry
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Yes I saw that too, and my heart sank. Every time I hope this b***** bug is going away, there's another article about it!!! I'm glad I don't work anywhere crowded, there are usually only 3 of us where I work, and plenty of fresh air (it's like a tiny garden centre). But I HATE standing in queues when shopping! I hold my breath! Sad, huh!

It was a good article, though. Handwashing is the answer, of course.

I hold my breath when in queues too so I am sad too!!! I have done the internet searches everytime I hear about someone being ill and it panics the hell out of me and not wise.

However, I do think a lot of what goes around is passed on by people not washing their hands before eating etc. So many times I have watched people at motorway service stations visit the toilet, not wash their hands, touch door handles and then go on to eat a burger &amp; chips.

As for the papers, I dont think they always get their facts quite right. To say its caught by contact makes it sound like you only have to walk past someone to catch it, but I have also read articles which say its only passed on by being in close contact with someone as they v* and by not washing your hands after visiting the loo.
    Sarah xxx