Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default new to this but need help and inspiration

Hi.....I'm a severe emetophobe in search of some serious help. I'm not sure what may have triggered this but its ruling my life. My story is s follows....

I was 11 years old when I had my last major v* session. It was traumatic experience then but i didnt realise it was going to have a lasting effect. I made it through high school and university even went out drinking without being ill but had 1 lot of *v in feb this year and since then (although very mild) has left me absolutely terrified. If I feel nauseous I cry and instantly feel like I need to phone home to speak to a familiar voice for comfort. I wake up most nights feeling ill (purely because I'm so worried) I avoid social situations and have even stopped my son going to nursery in the hope to reduce chances of being exposed to any bad tummies!!! I anti bac every single surface I touch and even carry anti bac wipes and a bottle of anti bac gel in my pocket. my hands are dry, craked and raw because theyre so so dry! I need help but don't know where to find it as noone seems to take me seriously!! Is there anyone else with such an extreme fear!!!??

Default Re: new to this but need help and inspiration

all of us here know exactly how you feel......so welcome to the forum.

hopefully you will find some comfort and help in here in dealing with and lessening your anxiety. this is always a hard time of the year for most of us.....too much news of sv going around, etc.

keeping good hygiene will help keep the sv away.........keep your hands away from your face

there are lots of mom on here and they can help you with caring for the little guy

welcome
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by scaredbrunette87 View Post
    Is there anyone else with such an extreme fear!!!??
    I would venture to guess all of us at one point or another. We all experience or have experienced the same panicky feelings. I used to keep my kids home during the winter when they were little too, and every time we did go out to a shop or whatever I'd be on edge for the next couple of days just waiting for it to hit.

It's not a fun way to live, I know. When you feel anxious you can come here and get some support. Usually there is someone around to talk you through it.

I had therapy and am tons better. Many of us have had therapy in some form or another with varying degrees of success. If you try the private forum (I can't remember how you get approved for it or even if you need formal approval - maybe PM a mod) you'll find lots of us to talk with. It's a great place for support. So welcome.
    Elizabeth

Yep, we've all been there or are there, you're not alone.

Your poor hands, mine are like that because I have to wash them constantly at work (I work in a hospital) so I know how sore it can get. Just washing your hands with soap and warm water will be enough to cleanse your hands of any nasties though. The anti-bac hand gels are very drying for the skin and don't actually kill the germs that cause stomach bugs/norovirus because they're viruses not bacteria so give your hands a break, cut down on the alcohol gel and just wash them and moisturise afterwards.

Hope you find the help you need here xx