Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Ginger

Good day all... firstly I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year and I hope it was fairly trauma free as I know, from personal experience, that this can be a particularly stressful time of year.

I personally hate New Year's Eve and generally spend the days after Xmas dreading it and thinking of ways to avoid it. This year was no exception. As a result of my dread, I usually end up getting drunk very quickly and early so that the people around me end up looking after me and not getting too drunk themselves, I can therefore avoid being around drunk people. Very selfish I know, but selfish behaviour is par for the course when you're emet.

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you the very beneficial qualities that ginger has on any feelings of n*. As an emet, I was more than very aware that ginger is a good thing to consume when you feel n* as I am sure many of you here are also aware. However, strangely enough, I'd never actually got around to trying it, preferring instead to mope about in misery and fear whenever I had the misfortune to feel n*. On New Years Day this year though, I felt particularly bad as a result of over-indulgence, and when, by evening, I still felt terrible and couldn't eat, I decided that enough was enough. I've been experimenting a fair bit in the kitchen over the holiday and as a result had some root ginger in the fridge. I cut a bit off and nibbled it, and within literally half an hour I felt fantastic!! I was soon eating like I hadn't eaten for a week! I don't know if this would work if you had a sv or fp because in those instances the n* tends to be far worse than hangover n* but for that it worked a treat, and I would also think it would be good for pregnancy n*. I hope this doesn't mean I will be tempted to get drunk more often... hmmmmmm

I am pregnant and I drink ginger tea if I even think that I am going to feel nauseated, and it really helps!!

Ginger is wonderful for nausea! It doesn't knock you out like Gravol. You can purchase Ginger tablets at your pharmacy.

Ginger also acts as a circulatory stimulant.

DO NOT take ginger if you have gallstones.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

I agree Ginger is awesome. It is a bit hot for my mouth sometimes.
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~ee cummings~

My boyfriend recently ordered these homemade sodas, and there was ginger ale. It tasted awful, but it does make you feel better!

I think I'm going to try some root Ginger instead of wallowing in my n*****.

So I guess if I had my gallbladder out because of gallstones, I shouldnt have to worry if I want to take some ginger at some point and time. I wonder if you can buy those ginger tablets here in the US?

Helsbels, I just wanted to thank you for posting this message, because ginger root is helping with my hangover today!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Another good thing for hangovers is to drink not just plain water, but those sachets of rehydration salts - before bed and when you get up!

Thanks for that advice, Moonshadow, I'll give that a go - actually I drink those whenever I getslight D and I start to panick that it might mean I'm going to V. I always reckon that I will reduce my chances by making doubly sure there is no chance I could get dehydrated. It probably doesn't help me in any way, physically, but it sure eases my anxiety... mad.

Anyway, glad the tip about the ginger helped with the hangover Kellybean.

Ginger is great, I like to drink chamomile tea it works great too!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]