Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Just seen a really bad car accident!!!

OMG, i no this is completely of topic, but i need to get this off my chest.

Today was the day that i was going back to university for a week, but my dad said he would give me a brake of the 2 hour drive, and insisted on driving, bringing my mum along with us.

My parents sat in the front and i sat behind.

we were about 1 and a half hours into the journey, and all of a sudden my dad braked really hard... Looked in the sky, and there was a car spinning like mad right infront of us!!

The car was in the fast lane on the Motorway, and lost control, gone over all three lanes rebounded off a wall, and then span about 8 times in the air going back across the three lanes before ending up car down in the central reservation.

AS A STUDENT NURSE i thought right i have to get over there..

My dad stayed with the car ( as he isnt to good with these situations)

My mum tried to cross the road with another lady that had stopped to help this poor man, as i rang the ambulance.

The women was asking me how old he was and if he was dead or alive and if there was any bleading.. well i knew he was alive, as he climbed out of the passanger window!!!

But couldnt tell how old he was or anything.. there i was running along side of the motorway to try and get to the nearest sign to tell the women on the phone were I was.

Within in minutes police and ambulance arrived. The man seemed ok, apart from being in major shock and was sat up in the ambulance.

How he survived i dont no.. and how he didnt hit any other car while coming back along the other three lanes with cars doing over 70mph was a miricale.

if he had moved another 2 feet he would be dead, as the central barrier would have gone throu the roof of his car and to his head.

No car was slowing down enough to let me or my mum get across to this poor shaken man.

Ive never been so scared in my life, i felt sick, but for some reason my phobia didnt matter at this point, that mans life was more important at the time.

I keep repeating what happened in my head, and my mum is the same.

Would never wish it on anyone

Default Re: Just seen a really bad car accident!!!

wow....that is scary stuff. sounds like you handled it really well though........your instincts really took over and got you through.....remind yourself often of how you were able to do this even though you were anxious about it...

great job......and glad that the man seemed ok........could have been a horrible outcome.

take a hot shower, have some tea and try and relax....i'm sure your adrenaline was pumping high for a while.....
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I worked on the ambulance for 10 years.....and I remember forgetting about most all MY issue's ( I didnt have emet THAt bad back then) when something major like that happened......it totally diverted the crazy thoughts I had......sounds like you are going to be a great nurse.....80)

It's things like that that really make you rethink what you're afraid of! I'm happy you were there to help, what a horrible thing to witness.