Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone know when the Noro Vaccine will come out?

And why is it the Noro is so scary, isnt there many more types of Stomach virus's?
    Has anyone ever had the Noro without Vomiting?

Default Re: Anyone know when the Noro Vaccine will come out?

I had noro without vomiting earlier this year. I had D, I had very bad nausea and several times I thought that it was going to happen, but it never did. It all depends on the person (some people get sick easier than others), how strong the virus is (just like colds, some are worse than others), and probably some other random factors as well, but those are the big two. As far as other stomach bugs, I've only heard of ones that affect kids, not adults. Noro is the big one.

as far as the vaccine, I have no idea, but I wouldn't bank on it coming out in the next few years. I know that there have been some human trials done on it, which worked pretty well. That is a great step towards being released, but unless it is something urgent like swine flu, it takes FOREVER for a vaccine to be approved.

I recently read, much to my utter dismay, that it won't be out for 5 or so more years. Apparently, noro causes the vast majority of stomach viruses. I know it will be a happy day for me when the vaccine comes out. I'll be one of the first to get it. Heck, this whole forum probably will be.

I can't wait for this vaccine to come out, my life will be amazing when it does!!!!!