Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I need help! crying!

Ok, so i went to a party the other day. It was my friends party, and her brother was sick with noro. A few others were a little sick too. I stayed away from the sick people, except my friend (It was her birthday, and her brother was REALLY sick). When I got home i had a big shower. Washed myself all over about 3 times. The next day my friend (with the sick brother at home) came over to my place and we hung out. I had a big shower after that too. I have just gotten rid of a cold, so my immune system is pretty good. My brother went over to my friends place. He's 8, and he stayed away from the sick brother pf my friends'. He was playing outside with my friends other brother (she has two brothers) and he LICKED my brother. Hopefully he hasnt caught anything off his brother. (The boy who licked my brother is not sick YET, but just has a brother who IS sick). I'm so freaked out because it's really close to christmas, and i dont wan't to get sick like last year. (last year i got sick two days beofre christmas.) PLEASE help, i need alot of wisdom!!!! Thanks...

Default Re: I need help! crying!

It'll be OK! Relax! Stop right now and just breath deeply for a few minutes. Your body has an immune system, so does your brother's, obviously, so therefore, you must learn to trust your body. If you tell yourself, over and over, like a mantra - "I am not going to be ill this year" then it's likely that you won't! However, if you do the opposite - "Oh God, oh God, I'm going to get sick! Oh what if I get sick! I will get sick! Oh God," etc. (trust me! I know how you feel!) then that won't help anything. Keep telling yourself you're not ill, you're perfectly healthy and hygenic and just fine, and that you are going to have a good Christmas. Trust your body and think of the present, you're not sick NOW, so it's fine NOW. Just keep thinking about the present. It's so difficult, I know, but once you've cracked it, it's a lovely feeling!