Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default i just called ligocyte noro vaccine company

they said that they saw pleasing results and that they are in the second phase.there are 3 alltogether.he said more than 5 years but less than 10 years so thats waaaayyyyy to long but at least its not a 20 year wait or something.lets all just put positive energy into the universe in the hopes that it comes out qucker than expected and that the vaccine works and is effectve

Default Re: i just called ligocyte noro vaccine company

But for a lifetime phobia..five years is not so bad

Will this protect against all strains of the virus? I thought there were tons.

Quote Originally Posted by griffdiz View Post
    Will this protect against all strains of the virus? I thought there were tons.
    ...and more mutate each year. From what I understand, it would be like the flu vaccine where there is a new one every year that covers the major strains that are likely to hit. Unforutanitly, this means that there will still be a (very small) chance that someone could still get noro even after taking the vaccine if they happen to come across one of the strains that was NOT covered. So it wouldn't be eradicated, but much less common.

I personally don't think that the vaccine would do much to calm our anxiety. If it isn't noro, then we'd freak out about food poisoning, or we'd probably manage to convince ourselves that the kid that we just watched eat 10lbs of candy before throwing up clearly has a strain of noro not covered and we are clearly infected. I know I would.

Don't get me wrong, I'm getting the vaccine as soon as it comes out, (well, after a couple of my friends get it so that I can watch them for side effects ) but I'm not sure how much it will help the anxiety.