Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Two questions

Default Two questions

1) I bought chicken earlier to make a dish but we decided to order out instead, will the chicken be good until tomorrow in the fridge or do I need to move it to the freezer?

2) When I got a virus or food poisoning or whatever it was in October, there were two instances where I was literally leaning over the toilet to puke but it wouldn't come out. I dry heaved and even pulled a muscle in my chest it was so violent, nothing happend though. My question is this, has something made it impossible for me to vomit? Also, my friend said that I might need to Re-learn how to vomit cause I might have forgot after 10 years of not vomiting and could choke on it next time I need to do it....is this bullplop? Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

Default Re: Two questions

the chicken will be fine to cook tomorrow.

i really doubt that anyone needs to learn how to v again........it's a natural bodily function....i wouldn't worry too much about either of these things.....
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh my gah that happened to me too!!! A couple of years ago i caught a virus, and i know it was because a few other people had it too. well i went to the toilet and heaved also, nothing would come out, and everytime i heaved i felt better for about 20 mins..it was so strange, everyone else was really sick!!

Oh and the fridge will be fine, we do that often.

Hmmm. As for the chicken I think 1 dayinthe fridge would be fine. But if your still worried then you might as well put it in the freezer so that your not anxious tomorrow after you eat it!
    But I'm pretty sure you cant forget how to vomit.. if you need to vomit tehen trust me, you will. If you were dry heaving that just means you didnt have anything to throw back up. Vommiting is a natural reflex, you wouldnt choke on it!

Hope this helps

Cool thanks for the answers! Yeah I told my friend that he was wrong and that you don't FORGET how to vomit but he was insistant and it was making me nervous LoL! I just needed reassurance!

When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

Jill you are in ohio too aren't you? I also got that sv in october. Trust me, if it was going to happen it would. Towards the end I was also just dry heaving. I had some rice in my stomach so either that helped keep everything down, or my body was too exhausted to bring anything up anymore.

As for the chicken it will be totally fine to keep it in the fridge until tomorrow. It is pointless to freeze it for less than a day. It probably wouldn't even freeze all the way through

My last sv....Feb of 2006....I only dry heaved.....like twice.....I just severe D*...which is fine with me.....I will SH** for hours instead of throwing up if I had that option :-) Oh wow can I say SH** on this website...I have sucha potty mouth....as for the chicken girl I am the LAST one to ask....I slow thaw ALL my meats...and we only eat chicken, turkey and deer. MOSTLY deer....I killed it, cleaned it, packaged it, froze it....then we eat it....It dont get any fresher....and nobody but me or my husband handles the meat. So lets see....I have said a cuss word, talked about pooping for hours, killing animals...wow lets see how many more possiably offensive things I can write about....LOL.....Next topic: Politics....Abortion and Religion!!! Just teasing.....it will be another pooping story.....wink.....

the chicken will be fine. and i agree with everyone else. i once thought that it had been so long since i last did it that i would 'forget' how to, but it is a natural reflex and a very important reflex at that so the body will not forget it!! and the dry heaving and gagging could also be from anxiety as well. and griffdiz, i have heard from someone who had bulimia that rice is the hardest food to bring up. so maybe thats why you couldnt get anything out.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Oh really? That's what I was thinking too. I was so glad because I was exhausted and did not have the energy to v* anymore!