Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Don't you hate when you scare yourself?

Don't you hate when you start to feel a little funny, & then you make a big deal out of it & scare yourself? Like tonight I felt weird, like sort of a little gassy & I had this weird feeling in my throat that I always get (sort of feels like air is trying to come up in my throat,) & my stomach didn't hurt it just felt weird. So of course I started to have a panic attack & I freaked myself out. I hate it when I feel like I have no control over this. It's so frustrating.

Default Re: Don't you hate when you scare yourself?

i totally agree......glad you're over it
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hate it when that happens! I tense up my stomach muscles really bad whenever I'm anxious or cold. At the school I work it, it is freezing. By the end of the day my stomach muscles are sore and I start to worry that my stomach is hurting, get anxious, tighten up the muscles more, and then they are more sore! viscous cycle...

You just have to find some way to smack yourself into realizing that there were NO stomach pains before you started to get anxious. I a way, my issues lessened some after I had a stomach bug because I learned what REAL nausea feels like compared to gas, or stomach pains, or other random discomforts. I could say to myself "does this feel like it did then?"

Yeah a lot of times it's not my stomach that hurts its just I feel weird so I'm like "Oh, God.. I'm going to be sick." & I just work myself & make myself feel nauseous from all the panic. I try talking to myself, saying that there's no reason for me to be sick that I'm okay, that I've felt this way a million times before & here I am. :P