Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Oh my god, did I ever get some exposure therapy last night while watching the Amazing Race 6. Everyone had to eat this really spicy bean soup, and they were all v**ting afterwards. One guy actually v**ed back into his bowl and had to finish the soup anyway. My therapist will be impressed. Did anyone else catch this? I absolutely terrified of it and yet for some reason I don't change the channel. It's like seeing a bad car accident, can't seem to look away. Except I have my hands over my eyes and my ears plugged.

AnnaEdited by: dancingbarefoot

OMG that is NASTY. Why do they make them do f'd up things like that????? [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

What is Amazing Race? Do they have it in the US? Probably not since you said it was the 6th?

The Amazing Race is on CBS every Tuesday night. It is anAmerican program.

Anna

There was an episode of "Road Rules" a couple of years ago that had people eating cow genitalia, tongues, etc. and making them into milkshakes and meals that everyone had to eat inthirty minutes. People were v****ing on their plates, and they made them eat THAT, too. The people who presented them with this challenge claimed that in some places these were delicacies. Also, if you watch "Fear Factor", they make them eat some pretty vile things, too.

NASTY [img]smileys/smilies_29.gif[/img]

Yep, I saw the Amazing Race!! ICK! I cannot believe how they all ate that spicy soup, and most of them v'd!! Just hearing it scared me! I also can't believe that none of them were bothered with v'ing....it was just like, "Blah....ok, let's go to our next assignment!" [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Charlotte

Ah yes.. I watched the first amazing race faithfully until literally 5 minutes were strictly devoted to one woman v*ing. HOW is that entertaining? Couldn't they just have someone say "oh she's not feeling well" and go on to the next scene?? Fear factor is terrible.. I can't stand to watch that. And does anyone watch ABC Family channel? They are going to have a show called "brat camp" where drug addicted teens go to this rural camp to get taken off of their drugs. Just in the commercial for it, I saw two people that appeared to be v*ing and one adult at the camp talking about it. I know I will be skipping that show!!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small in comparison to what lies within us.

YES!! I watch the Amazing Race every week, and I KNEW when I saw that soup, there would be people V***!!! I had my husband press mute and just looked at him the whole time, he un muted when it was done. That's why I'd never be able to do a show like that, imagine having to be in that room, with all those people V**** near you!!!! NO WAY[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]!!!

Fear Factor, the mute button is in full force too!!