Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

When I start to feel sick in any way I make peppermint tea and drink it. Warm as I can handle. Non caffinated. Its calming and peppermint is supposed to be good for your tummy. And I drink water. What do you do?

I keep hard peppermints with me wherever I go, but I also drink peppermint tea after dinner sometimes.

I chew peppermint chewing gum and find a way to distract myself (either go online, talk on phone, watch tv, write etc) Oh and a cool wet rag on the back of the neck helps.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Yeah I also like to talk to someone about it, just kind of be feel to freak out infront of them and have them understand and tell me I'm fine. That helps a lot too. Do you feel sick like every day?

I like sucking on peppermints, sipping on water and reading or watching TV :-).
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small in comparison to what lies within us.

I take a few anti-emetics and lay down in my bed and try to sleep. And TRY to ignore the sounds and feelings coming from my bowels and gut. Does anybody here fear going out and being caught in a public place when you have diarrhea ? cuz I do ... alot.

RaVeN

I take Gravol (anti naseaunt, anti-vomit) and I have just been prescibed sedatives...although peperment tea works great too !!!!!1

Gravol has helped me so much, although it makes me loopy after. But splashing cold water on my face, Pepto-Bismol and deep breathing helps.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

I like to read magazines when I am not feeling well, I hate to just sit and wait for it to go away. Reading magazines focuses my attention elsewhere.

I usually put on my sea bands, take a dramamine, drink ginger ale, any of those. I swear by the sea bands!! Lots of times I find if I can burp, I feel better.

Megan

I dont get nauseous much anymore. But I like peppermint lifesavers, and then I also take a cabbage pill. This helps with the nausea. Where do I get one of those sea bands?

I have been getting anxious lately. I sometimes welcome the nausea then I know I am feeling something. I worry that because I feel so good there is something wrong. stupid huh?Edited by: goosey
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~ee cummings~

Goosey its not stupid I feel the same way. If I feel fine its weird because its not normal to feel good any more. And then I panic that its just a certain amount of time till I feel sick again.

I use pepto-bismol, and read out loud to take my mind off of it.
    I like peppermints, but they make me burp. lol. Carrie