Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default All My Friends Are Getting Sick

This is so horrible...

All my friends are getting sick. But thankfully I haven't really been around anyone who's sick; or around them when they're sick.

Yesterday morning I was freaking though, because the school secretary came & told my teacher that my friend wasn't coming because she was "sick as a dog" & she did a v* gesture. I was making myself feel bad all day because the night before, I was hanging out with her & everything. It was a horrible day because it was filled of panic & "What if I get sick during the Christmas concert tonight?"

Anyway I'm fine now, because when I got home I asked what she had & she said cold/flu but no v*. I know it's selfish but obviously I was like, "oooh thank god..." I feel really selfish whenever I start to feel bad when someone's sick. I feel bad but at the same time I want to stay a million miles away.

But all my friends are sick! My friend had a chest infection (she came to school one day with it but thankfully I wasn't at school that day or when she was sick!) & now apparently it's moved onto a SV. It's going around my school, well the simple cold/flu is. Now every time I start feeling weird I'm on edge because I'm so afraid I'm catching something, like this morning I woke up feeling dizzy but it was with my eyes closed... when I open my eyes I feel fine... it's weird.

So all I'm doing now is washing my hands after I touch things; usually I'm not a huge germaphobe but I can see this changing now that my phobia/anxiety has increased!

Oh, & I'm praying I don't get sick..

Are there anything big virus' going around your school/work place/town?

mastel07 Guest

Default Re: All My Friends Are Getting Sick

There is the winter v* virus going round my town the schools are closed. Keep up good hygiene and get some vitimins in you. It'll be over soon just get through it it's not contagious until they've started v*. Good luck!

Default Re: All My Friends Are Getting Sick

Theres a nasty flu like virus doing the rounds and it can cause v* too!! My 19 year old daughter has had it for 10 days now. Thankfully she hasnt actually v* yet but has felt sick and lost her appetite. She seemed to be on the mend except for a nasty cough but the past 2 days it seems to be back. Shes not eating, sleeping constantly, sweating then cold and coughing badly. Also at work somebody was off last week with the flu and sv* and then today another boy suddenly became n* and lightheaded. He stayed at work and came to sit by me for a couple of hours. Of course Im panic stricken now and feel sick but am hoping and praying Im not going to be sick. I hate being around sick people cos Im sooo afraid Im going to catch it.