Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was downtown with my friedn about a week ago and we were in a hotel room. We shared a water bottle by accident and we eating candy out of the same bag. An hour later he starts v* from the stomach flu. I never got sick is it cuz i have a good immune system or was i just lucky or something does anyone know...?

wow you are lucky !!! sounds like you have a great immune system...

You are sure it was from the stomach flu? It is possible that you simply didn't catch it but he might have been sick from bad food, anxiety or maybe some underlying health problem (such as acid reflux). Or that candy you're talking about- maybe he just ate too much! Anyhow, congrats on staying well :-).
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small in comparison to what lies within us.

yeah, are you sure it was a virus? glad you didn't end up sick! how are you doing, by the way? any better?

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

It could be one of few things...maybe it is that you have a good immunity, or....they say that you cannot catch a bug until the person starts showing symptoms...or maybe it wasn't a bug??

Whatever the case may be, that is great you didn't get sick!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte

I thnk some of us have REALLY good immune systems. I get maybe 1 or two colds a year at most, I havent had one in about a year. ive never gotten the stomach flu, even when all the rest of my family did, and when my boyfriend had mono I was around him the whole time, started kissing him when he was contagius, and never caught that either.

I was sick ALOT when i was a kid so I think my immune system has an abnormally high resistance, which in your case, may be as well.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll

I thnk some of us have REALLY good immune systems. I get maybe 1 or two colds a year at most, I havent had one in about a year. ive never gotten the stomach flu, even when all the rest of my family did, and when my boyfriend had mono I was around him the whole time, started kissing him when he was contagius, and never caught that either.

I was sick ALOT when i was a kid so I think my immune system has an abnormally high resistance, which in your case, may be as well.

True that, *knocks on wood* my immune system kicks butt..i am rarely sick [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

My immune system is pretty good. I've been the care taker of my sick children every time they get the V flu bug and I have only gotten it 3 of the many times they've had it. My husband gets it EVERY time the get it. But then again I have my hand washing and object's I touch washing down...much better then my husband.
    Do you all take supplements? Do you eat well? Why do you think you don't get ill often?