Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default New here. Stomach virus questions.

Hi there. as all you know this time a year is horrifing.
    I had a few questions for you guys.
    How many times in your life have you had a stomach virus and actually V'd?*
    I havent had one since i was 10. im 21 now.
    I am so terrified of it.
    Last time i V'd* was when i was 14 from something i ate and felt better right after.
    i can deal with that but the stomach virus is what gave me my emetophobia.
    i came on here looking for re assurance hoping you guys havent had it often. Thank you!

Default Re: New here. Stomach virus questions.

Only twice in my life, and yes once when i was ten.

Never had a stomach virus that made me vomit. Only once I had something that made me very nauseous, but nothing I couldn't tolerate.

I talked myself out of the worry over SV's because why on earth worry about something that has never happened to me, or that only happens once in 10 years? Not worth it!

Peace,
    David

Hi there thanks guys. not trying to be rude but how old are you? i had the stomach virus sooo many times when i was way young but the last time was when i was 10. i might of had it other times and just got n* and d* do u think i didnt v* because i tlaked myself out of it? Thank you for responding!!

I'm 35

Some of us are more V resistant than others. It is mind over body, combined with a built-in level of toughness.

How old are you?

Im 21yrs old. ugh i hate this phobia. my mom was always there for me when i felt sick but she passed away when i was 16. its hard to deal with this. i suffer for anxiety and panic disorder and depression. she always comforted me and now i dont have that. everytime i felt sick she would tell me i was fine and what do ya know? i felt better instantly. but i dont have that support anymore and my phobia has gotten so much worse. thanks for chatting with me about this. i appreciate it. i just want someone to tell me i wont get the sv ever again. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by l.89 View Post
    Im 21yrs old. ugh i hate this phobia. my mom was always there for me when i felt sick but she passed away when i was 16. its hard to deal with this. i suffer for anxiety and panic disorder and depression. she always comforted me and now i dont have that. everytime i felt sick she would tell me i was fine and what do ya know? i felt better instantly. but i dont have that support anymore and my phobia has gotten so much worse. thanks for chatting with me about this. i appreciate it. i just want someone to tell me i wont get the sv ever again. lol.
    Oh, my. Very hard to read this. I can't imagine losing my mom or dad. That has to be the hardest thing in the world. I'm 35 and still expect my mom and dad to be here for me. I'm so sorry you have to live without your mom.

I see it this way about the SV. We're all exposed now and then because we live life and interact with other people. The longer you go without getting it, the better your chances of not getting it again in the future. I calculated that I've gone 7200 days without puking. I'm not doing anything different now than I have ever done. So there is no reason for me to be any more likely now to get the SV than any other time. Since I have gone 7200 days without problems, that tells me the chances are VERY SMALL that I will get anything.

Since you've gone 7 years without V'ing from anything at all - the chances of you getting anything are also very small. It's just unlikely you will get sick.

Thanks,
    David

thank you thats very reassurancing! this helped me out tons!! god bless you! and yes my mom was the only one in my life my father isnt around so i depended on her for everything. it doesnt get easier to deal with either. the longer she is gone the harder it seems. thanks for you sympathy. do you have facebook? it would be nice to chat with you other times when im not on here. you have been the only one who really is supportive for me on this site.

thank you thats very reassurancing! this helped me out tons!! god bless you! and yes my mom was the only one in my life my father isnt around so i depended on her for everything. it doesnt get easier to deal with either. the longer she is gone the harder it seems. thanks for you sympathy. do you have facebook? it would be nice to chat with you other times when im not on here. you have been the only one who really is supportive for me on this site.
    You're welcome! I've lost my sister and my best friend and while that's not like losing a parent it's still something I think about many times each week and particularly around the holidays.

yep I'm on facebook, feel free to add me just let me know you're from IES.

http://www.facebook.com/turbokinetic

I have my FB in my profile, too. If you click my name above (it should show a homepage option that is my FB).

Sincerely,
    David

i think i sent you a request. my name is leslie.

Hey! Welcome to the forums. I hope that you find reassurance and support here. I love having this support network for when I need advice.

As for your question, I'm 20, and I've never ever had a stomach virus. I can count all the times that I've v*ed in my life on two hands (excluding when I was a baby of course), so it's not inevitable that you'll get an sv. The times that I have been ill have been from something I ate, or just being a kid, really. I hope this gives you some reassurance

And I'm really sorry to hear about your mum. I can't imagine how that must be. My mother is the same as you described yours. I wish I could let you borrow her.

Again, I hope you find reassurance and support here. :-) Feel free to PM me anytime, or find me on Facebook. My name is Erin Campbell and I have a photo of me with a puppy

Oh hun i so know how you feel i am so so scared of it i go to all extremes and developed all sorts of mental illness from having this phobia like ocd, not eating stuff, pannick attacks, anxiety dep and i terminated 2 babies because i started to get sick ans i can never get over it and so desperate for a baby but cant do it through fear. sorry to rabbit on its just it takes over don't it hun? i'm so sorry you dont have your mum to make it better you must be very strong xxx
    I've only like been sick about twice in my life apart from pregnany it was when i was really young and i'm 30 now.

I have`nt had a SV since I was 17, & my immune system was compromised by pregnancy. by the way, how long is 7000 plus days, I just can`t figure that one out.

I've had 4 in my life... and I'm 15. The last one I had was the summer of 2009 x
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've had one in my life that caused v* and I'm 22. My brother has only had 2 or 3 that I know of any my dad hasn't had one the whole time I've been alive.