Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It's all coming back!

Okay, so this sounds stupid, but it's all coming back.

Last year I has noro around the same time of year it is now. I had grapes and cherry's. I went to the supermarket today and my little brother brough grapes and cherry's.

I went to the airport llast year. I did again today.

I had carbonara...I am right now.

The list goes on!. Its so weird and creepy. Any advice??

Default Re: It's all coming back!

don't feel bad....i'm the same way with "anniversary" dates........but you will find that now that you've done the same things and didn't get sick this time that you can scratch that "worry" off your list.......

hope you have a great uneventful day
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know exactly how you feel, my 2 year noro anniversary was last week and i was consciously making sure all the circumstances were as different as possible! I still can't eat the last meal i had to this day, although i liked it and am being silly so next summer i am going to make it and break the bad connotations with that meal. It's all silly really isn't it because factually noro is a virus and you can't "bring on" a virus by a set of circumstances but I can completely relate to how you are feeling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I do that too. I use to find a pattern. I was convinced I would vomit every 3 years..then when I didn't, every 4. I would even fast forward the 3 years and be like, "I'll be 16, so I could get sick driving" or something. Or,"I'll be 20, so I will probably be alone away at college".

I actually don't do that anymore, but that's because I haven't been sick recent enough that it's in my mind. It's weird how our brains can link and remember stuff like that
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”