Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help i'm so afraid

Hi I am emetophobic and just started therapy, my son has been vomiting all pm with major abdo pain and i am so so so scared if it's a bug then i'll get it wont i and be sick? oh god i'm having panick attacks about it all afternoon and cant eat knowing it could hit me at any time over the next few days.
    I dont know what to do? if your children get sick do the rest of the household get it also? how do i know if its a bug or food poisoning, he has had bad tummy cramping and all that kept coming up was his fish from last night and not what he had this morning? i dont understand i cant cope with wondering if its going to get me xxx i'm so afraid

Default Re: Help i'm so afraid

Hang in there! Just because your son has a virus does NOT mean you automatically get it.

I don't understand puking food from the day before, unless his digestion was already working slowly. From what I have read, viruses hit suddenly. It could indeed have been something wrong with the fish that is totally NON-contagious.

Hope your boy gets better soon!!!

Sincerely,
    David

Unhappy Re: Help i'm so afraid

Quote Originally Posted by turbokinetic View Post
    Hang in there! Just because your son has a virus does NOT mean you automatically get it.

I don't understand puking food from the day before, unless his digestion was already working slowly. From what I have read, viruses hit suddenly. It could indeed have been something wrong with the fish that is totally NON-contagious.

Hope your boy gets better soon!!!

Sincerely,
    David
    Thankyou David, it was very sudden he was playing and running around all morning then bang at 3 pm just came from no where

Default Re: Help i'm so afraid

No problem!

I see what you mean about the sudden onset. But, I think that if his digestion was working well, there shouldn't be any fish left after 24 hours. Our bodies LOVE protein and digest and absorb it quickly.

There's no telling really! But, regardless of what it is you are NOT guarenteed to get it. There are viruses that make kids sick but you as an adult, can not get it. It won't affect you.

Peace,
    David