Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Been a while, but...

Well, its been months since my last emetophobic attack, which I have been very pleased about, but tonight I'm not doing so well. I just got back from a carnival with a friend, and while we were there we ate at a nearby California Pizza Company and had a spicy pizza. Well, apparently it didn't set well with me, or maybe I have some allergy because immidiately after eating I felt violently sick. My tongue swelled up as well. Right before I decided I needed to go to a hospital (the tongue swelling thing was a little freaky) I felt better, but the nausea hasn't gone away, although I haven't v* or anything yet.

I'm having a lot of stomach pain, and of course the phobic thing has me on the verge of a full-blown panic attack! What can I do?? My mom and sister keep telling me I'll feel better if I you know what, but you guys are the only ones who understand why I don't agree.

Default Re: Been a while, but...

Did you go to the hospital? I say your tummy is sick from the spices try an antacid.

You will really feel uncomfortable for sure. Does sound like an allergy though, so I hope you will go to a hospital or something. If not, I would try Benedryl or some other anti-allergy OTC drug. It's the allergic reaction that is making you feel so sick I would think.

All that being said, none of us can diagnose you or recommend what to do over the internet!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My brother has allergic reactions to nuts and vegetables, and the same thing happens to him - swelling and then n* or possibly v*. But I can tell you that if you were to v* you would have done it almost straight after. If not, your tummy will just hurt for a day or two while you get it out your system. Have you taken any anti-allergy medication? In the UK with have Piriton which we always keep on standby for my brother. You should also need to get tested at the docs to find out what it was - in larger quantities a bigger swelling could be more dangerous.
    Susie