Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Too young...

Default Too young...

I'm almost 15, a freshman in high school. I've been dealing with this fear since 4th grade. That's 5 years. I've gotten over it, but every time it comes back, it gets worse. I am losing weight again. I'm an athletic person, but this just isn't working. I've thought of every possible solution, but nothing works. And I'm sooooo glad I'm not alone. I always feel like the only person in the world like this. Well, I'm not.

Default Re: Too young...

And I'm supposed to be living my dreams. Singing, dancing, playing volleyball, playing guitar, writing. If I worry about anything, it needs to be my GPA, my love life, my friends, my plans for the future... But with this fear, maybe there will be no future worth looking forward to...

You can still live your dreams, even with the phobia. Are you getting any help with the anxiety at all? I'm sorry you're feeling terrible about it.

Hi and welcome to the site! You will find lots of help and information here as well as support. Be sure to read the "Information and Research" section or click on my website below and it's the same info there as I wrote it for here!

Take care and good luck!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I feel the exact same way. I'm 15 and this phobia feels too disabling especially at our age. I know its a horrible feeling when you watch others having fun, going to parties and basically enjoying life whilst they can. It'd best to talk to someone, possibly a friend? do your family know? because they can be suprisingly supportive, but we're here, if you need to talk x
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"

Welcome to the site! I hope you find some comfort here xo

I feel the exact same way & I know what you mean; I'm twelve, in seventh grade & I've had this for as long as I can remember. I was recently prescribed 50mg of Zoloft, yeah, Zoloft at age twelve.

I'm 5'5 & I keep losing weight. I've lost fourteen pounds. I weigh 100 pounds now & I'm pretty sure for my height that's not healthy especially when I'm still growing. I'm afraid to eat lots because I don't want to deal with the "consequences" of my IBS & lactose intolerance because I'm so afraid of feeling sick & being sick.

I hope things get better for you. Are you on any medication?

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."