Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Keep having "V" Dreams- Do you?

I have had V dreams since I was 7 years old. There isn't a year that goes by that I would not have one.

Few weeks ago I had a dream, someone threw up, weeks later my sister did V & I saw V on the streets three times. Its like the dream was a warning lol.

This week I dreamt a little boy was V in my garden, a group of kids was comforting him and for some reason I was staring out the window looking at him. The V was alot for the little boy and soon the garden was filled with it. Thats where my dream stopped.

Then 2 days ago this week, I dreamt I was back at Primary School, I was sitting at the school hall and a christmas carols were going to be sung in a few minutes. So I was sitting next to a boy 2 seats away. He looked queasy and had a paper bag in front of him, like he was ready to V. His friends was comforting him, rubbing his back. I was thinking to myself, why didn't the boy just be excused and go to the toilet to be sick?

So it was me, who ended up leaving the hall and wondering around the school. I was giving him enough time to V so then when I came back to the hall, the xmas carols had already started. I wear glasses and in my dream, I wasn't wearing them when I returned to the hall, everything was a blur but it was a good ending, because I found my mum lol and she directed me to a sit in a different row which was far away from the boy that was going to V. My dream ended there.

So as you can see I have some horrible dreams about V, sometimes with a ending of relief. The problem is that, the dreams are so vivid, intense. At times I could actually taste the V in my dream. Its horrible and even when I am not thinking about V, I still have the dreams.

Does anyone experience the same thing as me? how intense was your V dreams?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Keep having "V" Dreams- Do you?

I have them too sometimes and they are awful and so vivid. I wake up in an absolute panic. Dreams are a funny thing. They say you are most likely to dream about what you were thinking about before you go to sleep. I think they're also a way of your mind working through fears in your sleep if you're unable to work through them when you're awake. Kind of a stress relief I guess.

Have them ALL the time. I wake up in a cold sweat sometimes! I hate them so much. I just want peaceful dreams for once haha
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

I have them at least twice a week your not alone.

Sigh...

Yeah, I have them alot. It makes sense when you think about how often all of us obsess and think about it.

Do you vomit in your dreams? I never have.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have had dreams about me v*ing as well as others being sick. I'd say I have four or five a year. The odd thing is, I am never freaked out or afraid of it while I'm in the dream, only after I wake up.
    "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." ~Pablo Picasso

Yeah I get them & they scare me, a lot. I wake up just in pure panic like, "Why am I dreaming about this!?" & I'm basically horrified at the dream & with myself for even dreaming about it.

My dreams usually centered around a party of little kids (I was little when they started, I'm still little in my dreams, maybe 8, but sometimes older). Suddenly, one kid at the party is sick, then another starts to feel sick, and another and another and another. I never actually SEE them get sick, they are leaning in trashcans, or I can just hear it from the other room, but mostly they are just moaning, holding their tummies, and turning green. My mom (who is a nurse) is usually taking care of them and trying to get me to help. Then I leave the party, but it has spread and everyone outside is sick too. The dream usually ends when someone I love catches up with me and is about to throw up.

I have nightmares too, like once a week. It's always about me being trapped around others who are getting sick and I can't get away. A lot of times it is in an elevator or a school. They are awful.

Yep happens for me also! Depending on how bad my emet is I will have more or less...so s.v season gets bad! I always dream of people around me getting sick and not being able to escape. I wake up in panic and asking myself why did I dream this..! Hate them they can give me anxiety for sevral hours after I wake up

All the time! Definitely at least once a week. It's always my friends getting sick or going on a school trip (one of my main worries). Only a couple of times though the dreams involved me v*, one time the other week I was just waiting by the toilet to v*. I'm always SOO relieved when I wake up and realise its a dream.
    Susie

I have those dreams quite a bit. Normally at least a couple times a month. I wake up covered in sweat. My heart is pounding. I freak out! I normally feel a little nauseous after I wake up from panicking. My dreams are either that others are v*ing and I can't get away from it...or I'm doing it myself. It scares that crap out of me!
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog:

Usually, these dreams don't bother me. The only one that scared the living crap out of me was one I had when I was younger...that really started my emetophobia. It was in that dream I first felt the false bubbly feelings in my throat, and it was years later when that feeling re-emerged and started this torture.
    Thankfully, I don't have these kind of dreams anymore, or at least not often...my current dreams linger on the weirdest things you'd hear in your life. = w =;;