Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I'm new here!

Red face I'm new here!

Hi everyone, Im new to the forums. Can't believe it took me so long to find this place!

Ive been an emet since I was about 8 years old (Im 28 now).

Here's my side (interested in knowing if anyone suffers the same symptoms)

-I'm afraid to eat out most place (i dont feel they are safe)

-If I feel the SLIGHTEST stomach upset, I panic and obsess over it for hours / days

-If someone said to me "if you cut off one of your fingers/toes/ ears you will never V* again" I would do it.

-If / When I do get sick I pass out. That means if I V* 5 times during a SV I pass out (completely down on the floor unconscious) each time.

Im home sick right now recovering from the regular flu and read on facebook that a friend of mine (who I dont even think lives near by) is sick with an SV.
    So of course now, since I ALREADY dont feel well, I am freaking out.

And xmas eve is tomorrow which is adding to my stress about everything.

Any ideas on how to control my anxiety about this?

what are the best ways to prevent catching an SV, other than hand washing?

Default Re: I'm new here!

hand washing is the best way to avoid the sv.......i also carry gold bond moisturizing hand sanitizer.....contains the ingredient that does kill norovirus. that's pretty much it for me

welcome to the forum.....hope you find lots of help and support here and answers to all your questions.......

your list sounds alot like mine....although i can eat out.....i get more anxious about the social part than the food part.......
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks a bunch!

Im sure a lot of us have similar "lists" however, I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else faints like I do.

HAnd washing and i use the new germx foam..it also kills Noro....my biggest concern is my kids catching the stomach bug..yikes!

Welcome!!!!