Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Sick Brother :[

Default Sick Brother :[

Hi my brother was vomiting last night and I was just wondering what precautions I should take? I lysoled the bathroom, toilet, and floor (he missed ) been washing my hands, avoiding him, any other ideas? I want to be as safe as possible, I'm terrified

Default Re: Sick Brother :[

sounds like you have done all the right things. As long as you keep your hands out of your mouth and make sure they are spotless before preparing or eating food then you will be ok. There's no need to avoid him unless he's still ill and likely to vomit in front of you without warning.

I feel sorry for you, being in the same house as a sick person isn't nice x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thank you for your reply! I'm always scared I'll catch a sv airborne. Is that possible?

Ask your mom to clean the bathroom with bleach water. My neighbor used just Lysol when her kids were sick and they all caught it. I don't trust that stuff bleach is your best defense. Also it's not airborne unless you standing right next to him when he v* and it splashes.

okay thank you for your help :]

No it's not airborne in the true meaning of the term, but if you were in close proximity to someone when they vomited then the aerosolised particles could tecnically get up your nose or in your mouth but the chances of an emet standing next to someone being sick is pretty slim i'd say

I agree bleach is the best (1 part bleach to 10 parts water) but i thought Lysol was the US name for Dettol? In which case it does have the noro killing stuff in but with natiebears neighbours they could have got it by poor handwashing - unless they lysoled every single contaminated surface every single time someone threw up then it could easily have got spread. Lysol and bleach are no substitutes for handwashing - that alone is your single biggest defence.

Have a quick look at this http://www.emetophobiahelp.org/norovirus.html it should reassure you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Make sure HE washes his hands too. If he doesn't after using the bathroom, touches door knobs etcs, it can spread that way

Yep, what everybody else said. Keep up with the good handwashing and you'll be okay!