Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: So mean!!!!

Default So mean!!!!

Sunday my whole family (brother, sisters, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins etc) are all having Christmas at my brother and sister in law's house. I'm taking a cheese ball. It's sweet (made with cream cheese, sugar and a bunch of other stuff) My Mom asked me tonight what I had to go with it and I said 'Nilla Wafers. My Dad said "oh no! Your brother will freak! Don't let him see 'nilla wafers in his house!" I asked why and he said because my brother got s* years ago and had eaten 'nilla wafers before. I know he's not an emet and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have an actual phobia of 'nilla wafers but he hates even looking at them. So I said I would stop and buy Graham crackers instead. My Dad was like "no! Bring the 'nilla wafers! Your brother always harasses everyone else so he deserves to get harassed back!" (he picks on us jokingly)
    I think I'm going to get Graham crackers also because I know I wouldn't like it if someone teased me about a food I avoid because I got s* from it!

Default Re: So mean!!!!

Hehe, I wouldn't worry too much, you're looking at it from an emet point of view. I'm sure your brother will take it on the chin without being too traumatised

I've never heard of a cheeseball before but it sounds good! Merry Christmas xx

i feel like you do...i'd stick with the graham crackers....why even consider vanilla wafers if it might upset him.....i would hate for someone to do that to me......joke or not
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well a cheeseball can be lots of things but this one you take cream
    cheese and mix it with a packet of mix, roll it into a ball and let it harden, them roll it in sugar. Then you just use a little cheese knife and spread it on crackers.

zipity... I love those! We always get the Wind and Willow mixes...

http://www.kitchenco.net/wind-and-wi...met-foods.html

YUM! The BLT mix and Sante Fe are two of my fave veggie/cracker mixes and I LOVE the desert mixes (they have a chocolate chip desert mix that is awesome!)

And I agree with your original thought... if there's even a chance that it might bother him, go ahead and go with graham crackers. Even if he's not an emet, some people would just prefer not face the food that made them ill!