Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question So will anyone be able to help me here? :( I'm so sorry this is long

I'm new here, but I'm so freaking thankful I found this amazing website!

I'm 17 years old.. and I've had emetophobia for was long as I can remember.
    It really started though, when I was over seas two and a half years ago, and EVERYONE caught the sv* and so did I. I didn't v* but I was really bad.

I've always had this crazy obsession, that if I move houses, I'll v*... and the reason that's worrying me so much is because on christmas eve, my house was sold. We will be moving withing 2 months, and for the past week, I've been so anxious and scared about that. Can I be proven wrong on my theory here?

I just heard that my friend around the corner has come down with the sv* and I'm paranoid. I haven't seen here, or been near her for weeks.. but I'm so worried, and of course, every one knows about what...

I have amazing family support, but they dont truly understand why I'm so worried about these things...
    On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I was at my boyfriend cousins house, and 2 months ago they all had a sv*... its not possible to catch it after that long is it?

Thanks everyone, I'm so thankful I found a place, where people can relate to me, and I can relate to you.

Default Re: So will anyone be able to help me here? :( I'm so sorry this is long

No virus lives on surfaces for 2 months, so you'll be fine. I've noticed here that as much as we all worry about SVs, we almost all only have the 'lower' symptoms.

You'll be fine!
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

Default Re: So will anyone be able to help me here? :( I'm so sorry this is long

Moving house is stressful, and I think perhaps the anxiety of that is manifesting itself in increased emetophobia. There's no reason why moving house would cause you to v*, honestly. You will be fine

Sage (a recovered emetophobe, therapist, and member of this site) has written some helpful facts in a non-alarming, reassuring manner about sv*s and the phobia, here: http://www.emetophobia.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26 xxx